Week 2 Anderson County Mavs host Science Hill

olhickory

Anderson County will welcome Science Hill to the BullRing Friday.  Both teams come in with a week one loss, but I expect the Mavs to come in with a ton of confidence after bouncing a very talented Powell team from pillar to post before running out of gas in a four hour marathon game.  Hats off to Powell, but I think any Powell person will tell ya, they got all they wanted Friday night.  Mavs have shown they can line up and score from anywhere on the field.  They threw for 300+ Friday and ran it for another 300.    Defensively, they will have to tackle better Friday, and I bet the coaching staff will make that a point of emphasis.   I was disappointed in the kick coverage, but pleasantly surprised in the other areas of special teams.  The turnout of fans at the Powell game was outstanding.  Energy was at 100 for the entire game, and that was fun to be a part of.  This week, with the home crowd, I would expect the Mavericks to bring the energy level at 100 again, but they have to maintain it.  They must play 4 quarters of football.  They are explosive on offense, and can get some stops on defense.  I believe this will be the first meeting between the two schools, and I will look forward to seeing the Science Hill fans in the stands.  Science Hill fans will need to go 75N to Anderson County Exit 122 , and we will be about a half mile off the exit with a lot of restaurants to eat at.  I talked to AD Terry Friday,  and Kick off is at 7:30, 

1 hour ago, olhickory said:

Anderson County will welcome Science Hill to the BullRing Friday.  Both teams come in with a week one loss, but I expect the Mavs to come in with a ton of confidence after bouncing a very talented Powell team from pillar to post before running out of gas in a four hour marathon game.  Hats off to Powell, but I think any Powell person will tell ya, they got all they wanted Friday night.  Mavs have shown they can line up and score from anywhere on the field.  They threw for 300+ Friday and ran it for another 300.    Defensively, they will have to tackle better Friday, and I bet the coaching staff will make that a point of emphasis.   I was disappointed in the kick coverage, but pleasantly surprised in the other areas of special teams.  The turnout of fans at the Powell game was outstanding.  Energy was at 100 for the entire game, and that was fun to be a part of.  This week, with the home crowd, I would expect the Mavericks to bring the energy level at 100 again, but they have to maintain it.  They must play 4 quarters of football.  They are explosive on offense, and can get some stops on defense.  I believe this will be the first meeting between the two schools, and I will look forward to seeing the Science Hill fans in the stands.  Science Hill fans will need to go 75N to Anderson County Exit 122 , and we will be about a half mile off the exit with a lot of restaurants to eat at.  I talked to AD Terry Friday,  and Kick off is at 7:30, 

Excellent Summary, great on the directions.  I’m not sure who will win. I picked you all on the Big Ones over Science Hill. But I picked the both of you last week. You all let Powell get away from you and Betsy Was much better than predicted.

Edited by noonesfool

4 hours ago, olhickory said:

I wouldn’t expect much of a crowd from SH. Betsy outnumbered them 5-1 at least last Friday and the game was in Johnson City. I hate that the SH kids don’t have more support from such a large school/community. 

I would take AC, but Science Hill probably has a bunch of good skill players and could cause the AC Defense problems, especially if they can throw over the top.  AC has a good balanced offense, with a strong running back to try to pound Science Hill into submission.  I would say AC by 7, but they need to guard against a letdown after a big game like the Powell game was.

13 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I would take AC, but Science Hill probably has a bunch of good skill players and could cause the AC Defense problems, especially if they can throw over the top.  AC has a good balanced offense, with a strong running back to try to pound Science Hill into submission.  I would say AC by 7, but they need to guard against a letdown after a big game like the Powell game was.

Agree with the last part, AC seems to go into Chicago Cubs baseball pre 2016 mode (always next year after opening day loss). AC has a solid team as that was seen Friday night, but do they get out their own way by losing to Powell and giving up 60 on in doing so?