DII-AA (where is Booger?)

BreadTruck28

3 minutes ago, bigchief said:

CPA is good but they have a had a crap load oF penalties tonight. Can’t beat a good team with that many mistakes

Some of the calls seem goofy by the refs, but that may be my homer eyes… It feels like they’ve played 80 kids starting in the first quarter, so I think that’s also adding to the mistakes. 

real persistent problem is snaps, so far CPA talent has managed that but bad snaps to qB or punter will eventually kill them. Neither LA nor CPA can match what I saw when Oakland beat that MS team on ESPN.Size and depth will win for Oakland. The OL scheme at CPA relies on slide steps which causes reached against BGA and GoodP types which Oakland will just maraud over. CPA is more quick than strong on both lines. Good enough to continue Div II AA dominance but not Oakland.

Field was great and fast again tonight, money well spent to fight the bullsheet allegation for muddying the field against Lausanne and Gray. New drainage, new substrate and new grass = great field for wet or dry.

Any big games this week? I can’t think of any… oh wait, Lipscomb plays Oakland! I have to admit, five years ago or so, the sage who is @Booger stated that CPA and Lipscomb would be powerhouses in the new AA and I laughed at him. I’m not sure how he predicted such, but it’s pretty impressive given where Lipscomb’s program was at the time. 

Off the top of my head, so the accuracy may vary. 

LA plays Oakland on Thursday in what most say is the game of the year so far. Maryville and Alcoa fans would probably disagree.  It will be interesting for sure. 

CPA plays at Cane Ridge. 

Undefeated Lausanne and one loss ECS play teams I’m not familiar with…

BGA plays JP2. I think this should be a good game. BGA is really playing a stronger schedule this year.

New AA Davidson plays NCS after loosing for the first time in a long time. 

Silverdale remains undefeated going into the week but plays a tough DCA team. 

A one loss Webb plays GCA who appears to be having a down year so far. 

I miss any big games?

1 hour ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Any big games this week? I can’t think of any… oh wait, Lipscomb plays Oakland! I have to admit, five years ago or so, the sage who is @Booger stated that CPA and Lipscomb would be powerhouses in the new AA and I laughed at him. I’m not sure how he predicted such, but it’s pretty impressive given where Lipscomb’s program was at the time. 

LA plays Oakland on Thursday in what most say is the game of the year so far. Maryville and Alcoa fans would probably disagree.  It will be interesting for sure. 

CPA plays at Cane Ridge. 

BGA plays JP2. I think this should be a good game. BGA is really playing a stronger schedule this year.

I miss any big games?

As far as region games in AAA this week, only BA @ MBA (as I believe Ensworth @ SBA was cancelled).  This might be the weakest MBA-BA game in many years. 

BGA is playing better ball and I too expect to be competitive with Pope, especially if Pope does not tackle better.  I am surprised at DCA- thought they graduated a lot from last year.

Edited by JRB

23 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

CPA plays at Cane Ridge. 

I miss any big games?

BT, you might want to de-fog that mask, a little spit will work. GCA vs Webb. GCA is 4-1, first time in their history.