WEEK 3 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

Glad to see this thread is getting some attention for the first time in some years. I’ve always said it, I don’t mind Clinton being good because it just makes the rivalry more exciting, IMO. I don’t much like going into a game knowing the outcome before it even starts. I might be in the minority when it comes to that, but to me that’s what makes HS football fun, all the nerves and everything that goes with it. 

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Glad to see this thread is getting some attention for the first time in some years. I’ve always said it, I don’t mind Clinton being good because it just makes the rivalry more exciting, IMO. I don’t much like going into a game knowing the outcome before it even starts. I might be in the minority when it comes to that, but to me that’s what makes HS football fun, all the nerves and everything that goes with it. 

I agree. I get why you would want a comfortable win, especially over a rival. But there's nothing like a down to the wire, nail biter.

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I agree sweet it's makes it so much more exciting. This year AC has a really rough schedule but it's much more fun knowing each game is worth watching. Already even at 0-2 enjoying the season as much...not good to say lol

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Hazelhurst. That guy was a stud. That was a really good Clinton team. Weston was in the same mold as Webber, back in ‘98. Just tough. Fox for AC was an excellent RB in his own right. 

Hazelhurst and Darian Stone. Shame that Clinton team didn't accomplish more. When they were juniors, they couldn't quite get over the hump. When they finally did in 2009, Hazelhurst got hurt and AC knocked them out in the second round of the playoffs.

Hard to believe that Clinton has only gotten past the 2nd round of the playoffs once.

15 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Hazelhurst and Darian Stone. Shame that Clinton team didn't accomplish more. When they were juniors, they couldn't quite get over the hump. When they finally did in 2009, Hazelhurst got hurt and AC knocked them out in the second round of the playoffs.

Hard to believe that Clinton has only gotten past the 2nd round of the playoffs once.

Really ever? I would have thought they had done better way back.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Wow thats unreal

8 hours ago, HTV said:

This game is intriguing to those of us with no dog in the hunt.  While I expect Oak Ridge to win based on talent, it wouldn't shock me at all to see Clinton with this one, especially with it being at home.  

And I am too lazy to look back through the entire thread, so one of you Oak Ridge types tell me is this is true.  

Rumor is that about 12 Oak Ridge players missed the Bearden game due to Covid contact tracing.  True, and if true, were they starters/major contributors?  

I only know of a few that was out that played vs SD but never heard why.Gaddis said we lost 4 lineman before season started for different reasons.But if 12 was out for covid it wouldve been a big deal