Bledsoe @ Meigs week (3) 2021

Yeti

32 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I had heard the same, but not confirmed. It's odd they wouldn't want to play Tyner, then Meigs, then Marion consecutively though. Sound familiar?

My question is why would meigs not reschedule for their off week?  Is it because they didn't want to play vkedsoe and Marion back to back?  That would make more sense than having bledsoe cancel their rival game with sequatchie. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Boyd is looking for a game after CAK had to cancel.

I'll pass it on, but I'm sure they know. I was told this morning Boyd was gonna play Loudon, but instead Loudon is playing Daniel Boone. Its hard to keep up really. Guess we need a looking looking game thread lol.

6 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

My question is why would meigs not reschedule for their off week?  Is it because they didn't want to play vkedsoe and Marion back to back?  That would make more sense than having bledsoe cancel their rival game with sequatchie. 

Our rival game with Central is also that week, so why would it be different? Sounds like we were doing them a favor and putting them in the same situation we would have been in and they said no. Let that sink in.

Also Bledsoe CAN play they are just choosing not too. There was a choice made by Bledsoe and this was it. Meigs is  and was available to play.

Edited by Yeti

7 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Our rival game with Central is also that week, so why would it be different? Sounds like we were doing them a favor and putting them in the same situation we would have been in and they said no. Let that sink in.

Also Bledsoe CAN play they are just choosing not too. There was a choice made by Bledsoe and this was it. Meigs is  and was available to play.

And here’s the flaw in your thinking. Bledsoe hasn’t had school or practice in what, 10 days? 12 days? Possibly more if what I’m hearing is right. So without practice for those days, and some players being out for 1-2 weeks before that, do you think it would be safe for ANY team to play after that long of a break, one or two days before the game? 

12 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Bledsoe was willing to cancel a home non-region game with Monterey to allow Meigs to play on their Bye week. The rescheduling ball went back into Meigs court, and they took the ball and went home. They made the easy call and took the Covid win. Not a good look for Big Bad Meigs, IMO of course. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, scout6 said:

And here’s the flaw in your thinking. Bledsoe hasn’t had school or practice in what, 10 days? 12 days? Possibly more if what I’m hearing is right. So without practice for those days, and some players being out for 1-2 weeks before that, do you think it would be safe for ANY team to play after that long of a break, one or two days before the game? 

Sounds like by Friday you should be Covid free if all the CDC requirements are met as far as quarantined 12 days now and 15 by Friday by your math:roflol:. I don't make the rules friend. We played last year without multiple kids in games because the same stuff your team canceled for. All kids practice so why not let those who can play do it. We practiced yesterday but before that didn't practice since Tuesday of last week. Blame us all you want. It was your teams choice not to play. You have kids available, just not the ones you want apparently..

6 minutes ago, scout6 said:

Bledsoe was willing to cancel a home non-region game with Monterey to allow Meigs to play on their Bye week. The rescheduling ball went back into Meigs court, and they took the ball and went home. They made the easy call and took the Covid win. Not a good look for Big Bad Meigs, IMO of course. 

Big bad Meigs is ready and willing to play Friday with what we got. Don't be skeert. Your team is again making a choice.

Edited by Yeti
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

So what happens if we can’t reschedule the game? Is Meigs awarded a win? 

Meigs will get a region win, Bledsoe will not get a loss according to last years rules, assuming that’s what they go by.

What’s the point in rescheduling the game? Covid going to be cured by week 8? Who’s to say Meigs won’t have to cancel the rescheduled game, with no option to reschedule, and have to forfeit the win to Bledsoe? If you can play, play. If you can’t, you can’t. Meigs played without 5 starters last year against Sweetwater. Everyone is playing week to week with this. 

I’m glad Bledsoe is doing this out of concerns for student safety and not due to injuries resulting from the York game, but if Covid is the real reason they need to go ahead and cancel the next month because numbers aren’t trending the right direction.