WB Gov's vs Jefferson Co Patriots

Shadroach

4 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

FInancial Support gets resolved when BLOUNT COUNTY SCHOOLS cares about athletics. Which this will never be the case. They are in the process of building "NEW FIELDHOUSES" at both WB and Heritage and by the looks of them, they are not nothing spectacular!  Farmer John has better looking barns off morganton than these two schools have. This just goes to show you "THEY DON'T REALLY CARE" 

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/heritage-high-school-field-house-nearly-finished/article_45fa9389-fce9-5032-83d8-d1c436500b18.html 

The commission approved the school district spending $800,000 on field houses for Heritage and William Blount high schools in February 2020, but the pandemic and other issues have caused supply-chain delays. Because of the rising cost of building supplies, the budget for the WBHS field house, currently under construction, has gone up $181,000, bringing the total for both close to $1 million just for the buildings, not equipment. The athletic departments and teams are funding the rest.

35 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/heritage-high-school-field-house-nearly-finished/article_45fa9389-fce9-5032-83d8-d1c436500b18.html 

The commission approved the school district spending $800,000 on field houses for Heritage and William Blount high schools in February 2020, but the pandemic and other issues have caused supply-chain delays. Because of the rising cost of building supplies, the budget for the WBHS field house, currently under construction, has gone up $181,000, bringing the total for both close to $1 million just for the buildings, not equipment. The athletic departments and teams are funding the rest.

The county pretty much had it's back on the wall when the public was reading of the horrible and unsafe conditions both football teams were subject to. William Blount's was almost in the condition Rule High Stadium looked like in the Youtube video about abandoned football stadiums.

Barney,

You don't make a lick of sense. You have criticized Shad's coaching over and over and now you make it sound like he would be a big success if he got more money. Meadows succeeded with what we had. And don't say he just had so much more talent. That 07 team was really talented, but Meadows could have consistently won at least 5 games with the rosters Shad has had. Let's talk about Shad's play calling. Run, run,  pass. It's boring and unimaginative. That plus a poorly developed line isn't going to win many football games. Our line play is awful. We are without a doubt the weakest team in 6A and I haven't seen more than half of the 6A teams play. Forget all the excuses that we could make for that. I'm not saying we should be Oakland or Alcoa on the o-line, but we ought to be able to patch together a line that can compete with freaking Karns. We have boys with the right frames. Why can't our coaches coach them up? Maryville is always good on the line. Why is that? Are the boys inside the city limits just born better football players or does Maryville have the coaching to produce linemen that perform at a high level every year? Why did Meadows always have pretty good lines at WB? It's coaching.... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

The coaching hasn’t been great at all but like you said these players are the most talented wb has had since 07.  We can’t give them a pass as they have yet to make plays for themselves through 2 games 

How do you figure this team is the most talented? WB has had more good players than people think because we are poorly coached. Franklin was as good as any back we've had since I've been watching WB games. The starting back for Greeneville is very similar to him and Greeneville is one of the best programs in the state. They just have a really good line and we have a line that lets our backs get hit in the backfield every play. 

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

7 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Barney,

You don't make a lick of sense. You have criticized Shad's coaching over and over and now you make it sound like he would be a big success if he got more money. Meadows succeeded with what we had. And don't say he just had so much more talent. That 07 team was really talented, but Meadows could have consistently won at least 5 games with the rosters Shad has had. Let's talk about Shad's play calling. Run, run,  pass. It's boring and unimaginative. That plus a poorly developed line isn't going to win many football games. Our line play is awful. We are without a doubt the weakest team in 6A and I haven't seen more than half of the 6A teams play. Forget all the excuses that we could make for that. I'm not saying we should be Oakland or Alcoa on the o-line, but we ought to be able to patch together a line that can compete with freaking Karns. We have boys with the right frames. Why can't our coaches coach them up? Maryville is always good on the line. Why is that? Are the boys inside the city limits just born better football players or does Maryville have the coaching to produce linemen that perform at a high level every year? Why did Meadows always have pretty good lines at WB? It's coaching.... 

A lot of credit goes to Coach Waters. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Barney,

The financial support I speak of also covers the head coach bringing in his own assistants. That was limited to just one coach when Shad came aboard but he didn't stay around long. Also leading the middle school coach on that he may be the next head coach didn't help with relations between the two men I'm sure of. I do agree things aren't working out as planned but nobody has ever lost a job as head coach in the county for a losing record. He'll either leave on his own or possibly hang around for tumor years and try and break the record of 60 loses in a career at WB by one coach except in less time and games.