Trenton Peabody @ Dyersburg

GrumpyBulldog

8 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

But you know what.Im not blaming them or Dyersburg.Why not? Let these players from smaller towns see the foitball fields,Jumbotron sckreboards.Dont blame them.Just think TSSAA is wrong about letting kids go to another county without moving.But if it's about education and not sports,then if family doesn't want to move.Have them sit out a year.If LC is smart,rumor is they going to build a new school.Id see if I couldn't put 8th grade in same building as high school like Gkeaso,Bradford plays 8th graders in high school.Then LC players would have a sports record and couldn't go in years past without sitting a year.LC needs to wise up.

I hope that you do realize that when I said Lake County was bad, that is was to get a response from YOU about your true feelings about Dyersburg?

Lake County has great football tradition and has a good team year after year. 

Dyersburg and Dyer County, sports is not the main focus, it is and will be education.  Some of those kids you speak of come because of just that, wanting a top notch education because they know that it is job #1.

Edited by mg

9 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

But I'm waiting for you to name a player for Whitby that didn't live in LC .,mr know everything about LC and how terrible LC is

No, I will not say the persons name…that would be trashy to name someone to only be disparaged simply because they elected to play at another school.

Edited by mg

3 minutes ago, mg said:

I hope that you do realize that when I said Lake County was bad, that is was to get a response from YOU about your true feelings about Dyersburg?

Lake County has great football tradition and has a good team year after year. 

Dyersburg and Dyer County, sports is not the main focus, it is and will be education.  Some of those kids you speak of come because of just that, wanting a top notch education because they know that it is job #1.

You certainly will get a response.Im not biased against either school.I know what both schools do..Kids talking to other kids,other parents talking to kids.One year Dyer Co hasmd about 5 baseball players living in LC.Some played football.Dyer Co probably had the best Football running back,Andre Flowers,live in LC but played at Dyer Co and broke most their records.Cost LC 2 state titles.Not against either school.My son went to Dyer Co 10 years.Great school.But I know what happens .But TSSAA,allows it.But I will apologize  about a couple remarks at you

6 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

LC would be crazy not to get 8 graders on same campus

Yes they would cause of players leaving.If I'm correct,most 8th graders would be 13 years old so no hardship driving privileges.So couldn't drive themselves.Then as a freshman,would have a sports record,couldn't go without sitting or moving.Yes mom and dad could decide to drive them 20 miles each way as an 8th grader.But that's 1 more year getting up earlier,lot more gas.Chance of accident.Id make it harder.

9 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

You certainly will get a response.Im not biased against either school.I know what both schools do..Kids talking to other kids,other parents talking to kids.One year Dyer Co hasmd about 5 baseball players living in LC.Some played football.Dyer Co probably had the best Football running back,Andre Flowers,live in LC but played at Dyer Co and broke most their records.Cost LC 2 state titles.Not against either school.My son went to Dyer Co 10 years.Great school.But I know what happens .But TSSAA,allows it.But I will apologize  about a couple remarks at you

Thank you. “Recruiting” has and will always be a problem.   I do ask that people realize for some, it was about opportunity, exposure, or better education.

Others, it is about greed, and sadly to say, even money or winning at any cost.

Coach Rick Ensell for years was accused of “recruiting” in basketball;  and he was, but he was doing it within the TSSAA rules.

He recruited by building powerhouses, that great players in the surrounding communities wanted to play for……and that was accomplished through AAU.

And yes, if the kids parents did not have good jobs, they suddenly were offered good jobs, by program fans.  So it was a win for the student and families, but a loss for the smaller rural schools.

I don’t know if the TSSAA could even address that, or even if they should.

Edited by mg

1 minute ago, mg said:

Thank you. “Recruiting” has and will always be a problem.   It I do ask that people realize for some, it was about opportunity, exposure, or better education.

Others, it is about greed, and sadly to say, even money.

Coach Rick Ensell for years was accused of “recruiting” in basketball;  and he was, but he was doing it within the TSSAA rules.

He recruited by building powerhouses, that great players in the surrounding communities wanted to play for……and that was accomplished through AAU.

And yes, if the kids parents did not have good jobs, they suddenly were offered good jobs, by program fans.  So it was a win for the student and families, but a loss for the smaller rural schools.

I don’t know if the TSSAA could even address that, or even if they should.

I would go back and delete but I think would still show up on ur posts..

4 minutes ago, mg said:

No harm, no foul….you are just a passionate fan who loves his teams. 

I, on the other hand, like to push buttons…lol

Thanks.Its all good.Wish I hadn't said poor officer etc.All the officers should be commended with what's going on everywhere.Attacking officers.I certainly wouldn't want the job. Especially today's date that will always be remembered.

Edited by mrbigster

Now, for Dyersburg…

Just how good is Dyersburg?  I don’t think that answer will come until Covington.

What I do know is that Darius Harris is the strongest and fastest full back I have seen in West Tennessee.  He is a much faster, stronger back than Beau Meter (spelling) who played at Hardin County.  I have never seen a HS fullback do what he did to 8 players in the box, during the second half at Munford…….

Dyersburg defense still has a lot of question marks.  They do have some very good defensive players, but the package itself, still has a lot of ???  The defensive line has looked good in their games.

Offense….they have so much speed in the skill positions and a large stable of running backs.  Offensive line, although not huge, is quick and very good at their blocking, much improved over last year. 

Peabody game cancellation was a big disappointment, because it would have told the fans if Dyersburg is a pretender, or for real, it would have been a bench mark.  

That question will not be answered now until Covington.

Edited by mg