Trenton Peabody @ Dyersburg

GrumpyBulldog

6 hours ago, mrbigster said:

But you know what.Im not blaming them or Dyersburg.Why not? Let these players from smaller towns see the foitball fields,Jumbotron scoreboards.Dont blame them.Just think TSSAA is wrong about letting kids go to another county without moving.But if it's about education and not sports,then if family doesn't want to move.Have them sit out a year.If LC is smart,rumor is they going to build a new school.Id see if I couldn't put 8th grade in same building as high school like Gkeaso,Bradford plays 8th graders in high school.Then LC players would have a sports record and couldn't go in years past without sitting a year.LC needs to wise up.

Bigster, from my understanding they are planning to build a new school in tiptonville and include 6 through 12 in the same building and prek through 5th grade at the new school in ridgely. The decision to build has been approved by the county commission and school board. Maybe tiptoe can give us a little more insight and update on the project. 

1 hour ago, truefalconfan said:

Bigster, from my understanding they are planning to build a new school in tiptonville and include 6 through 12 in the same building and prek through 5th grade at the new school in ridgely. The decision to build has been approved by the county commission and school board. Maybe tiptoe can give us a little more insight and update on the project. 

It is in the very early stages of planning. The initial plan is for 6-12 under one roof. As with all things funding is at the forefront.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:11 AM, BigSwoShow said:

Im only gonna say a couple of things.

1. When UC was at the top of 1A , we heard it from everyone that we shouldn’t be in that classification. Our town was to big or we lied about our enrollment. Pfffft. We got it all.?

2. UC should play up in classification. Suggesting that we were to scared to move up. However, as  1 A team, we beat teams like Dyersburg and even went out of state and beat teams that were a higher classification than us. 
3. Our first year in 2A we won the State Championship and people still gave us crap even after we played in a higher classification than we had for some time.

This is it folks. There is a price that is paid for success. The teams that have developed their  young men and have bought into a program are the ones who can compete with any other team. Notice I said compete, not defeat.  Success breeds success. If the players ever lose sight of the program then the hand writing is on the wall. That team will be watching, what was once a storied program, become nothing more than a flash in the pan.

Well said.  Very good post!

33 minutes ago, mg said:

That year UC beat Dyersburg, UC had one of the best all time TEAMS I have seen.  They could have beaten most 6A teams.

That UC was a good team but nowhere near the 13 and 14 teams ! We lost to them in regular season and beat them in the playoffs. UC has a special groups of linemen from 13/16 for sure ! Seemed like you stopped them at the of scrimmage and they still gained 5 !!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

On 9/11/2021 at 8:24 AM, mg said:

I hope that you do realize that when I said Lake County was bad, that is was to get a response from YOU about your true feelings about Dyersburg?

Lake County has great football tradition and has a good team year after year. 

Dyersburg and Dyer County, sports is not the main focus, it is and will be education.  Some of those kids you speak of come because of just that, wanting a top notch education because they know that it is job #1.

Not trying to get up in someone else's debate, but sometimes the high road gets a little muddy. We're a small rural school with limited funds for athletics, but have had smartboards and clickers in every classroom (in the county) since 2010...how would you justify education over athletics after installing turf, a new stadium, a jumbotron, and a  fieldhouse before providing educational staples like those? I just saw (about three weeks ago) where Dyersburg was "advertising" that they now had them in every classroom, over 10 years behind the curve.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Not trying to get up in someone else's debate, but sometimes the high road gets a little muddy. We're a small rural school with limited funds for athletics, but have had smartboards and clickers in every classroom (in the county) since 2010...how would you justify education over athletics after installing turf, a new stadium, a jumbotron, and a  fieldhouse before providing educational staples like those? I just saw (about three weeks ago) where Dyersburg was "advertising" that they now had them in every classroom, over 10 years behind the curve.

What  makes for a good education is not smart boards;  they are not staples of a good education, just like Jumbotron do not make for a good football team.

It starts with great teachers, good principles and a strong and supported school board.  Everything else is just “amenities”, like that turf, Jumbotron, etc.  

All students in both systems have laptop computers, they take home with them.  Not sure why Dyersburg is now just getting caught with the rest of the world with smart boards. 

FYI on the turf and Jumbotron, that was paid for by sponsors.  The stadium was part of a entire campus make over, where the bulk of the money was spent on new labs and other educational assests.  

Edited by mg

3 hours ago, mg said:

What  makes for a good education is not smart boards;  they are not staples of a good education, just like Jumbotron do not make for a good football team.

It starts with great teachers, good principles and a strong and supported school board.  Everything else is just “amenities”, like that turf, Jumbotron, etc.  

All students in both systems have laptop computers, they take home with them.  Not sure why Dyersburg is now just getting caught with the rest of the world with smart boards. 

FYI on the turf and Jumbotron, that was paid for by sponsors.  The stadium was part of a entire campus make over, where the bulk of the money was spent on new labs and other educational assests.  

Not here to engage in an argument or nitpick details about the usefulness...point is, millions spent on athletics a few years ago, and just now publicizing the fact that they have smartboards and clickers. If these educational tools aren't important, why make a big deal about them now, and why make it a point update the athletic facilities (which were already nice) years ahead of them.

I didn't bring up education (wasn't even in the discussion) at all, you used it to make a point about kids leaving one school district for another, and stated that education was the #1 priority in Dyersburg. Follow the money, and it doesn't seem so.

• Upvote 1