Hampton comes to cland

THE KING

On 9/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, Appvol said:

The Murphy South Pittsburgh game got hit with the COVID on SP side. I was really looking forward to that game. Murphy picked up Rabun Gap, Ga and they are really good. 

We would have been cleared to play but the entire Marion County school system shut down through this week. All extracurricular activities were suspended until September 13.

Has Cland made any updates to their stadium?  The last time we were up there was around 2001, 2002, or 2003.  Seems like everyone sat on the same side though.  I’m probably wrong there as my memory has eluded me.  I do remember the concrete bleachers went straight up the mountain side with a couple trees growled up through the middle of them in places.  And it was very very dark because the lights were down on the field only.  I loved the location it was an awesome experience though.  

9 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Has Cland made any updates to their stadium?  The last time we were up there was around 2001, 2002, or 2003.  Seems like everyone sat on the same side though.  I’m probably wrong there as my memory has eluded me.  I do remember the concrete bleachers went straight up the mountain side with a couple trees growled up through the middle of them in places.  And it was very very dark because the lights were down on the field only.  I loved the location it was an awesome experience though.  

You remember it well, still only bleachers on one side, tree,s are gone. Don't think anything else has changed. Crowd not nearly as wild as they were in those days.

4 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

We have new stadium lights that are much brighter and we've added more concrete bleachers.  The field is still...well it is what it is.  

6 hours ago, pujo said:

You remember it well, still only bleachers on one side, tree,s are gone. Don't think anything else has changed. Crowd not nearly as wild as they were in those days.

We were 5-5 that year regular season and somehow made it to the semis at Cland.  It was a great game that went back and forth.  I remember if you kicked a field goal on one end you might as well forget getting the ball back.  You kicked it into the woods lol.  From the main road the school looked awesome with the football field lights on nestled back off the road against the side of that big mountain.  I remember we walked through the gate and a couple of Cland big huge lineman were propped up against the fence with no shirts on.  One had a beard that looked like Grizzly Adams.  A belly that looked like a barrel of beer.  He looked like he was at least 22 years old lol.  I’ve never been so intimidated as a fan lol.  I remember he played mean and was heck of a ball player.  You remember that @piratetom?  Both of us have always enjoyed going to new stadiums.  We love high school football.  Now that I think about it that was 2001, because my then best friend and another friend met us and went to it.   I then married that best friend in summer 2002.  Anyways, this should be a close game.  Good luck both teams.  

15 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

We were 5-5 that year regular season and somehow made it to the semis at Cland.  It was a great game that went back and forth.  I remember if you kicked a field goal on one end you might as well forget getting the ball back.  You kicked it into the woods lol.  From the main road the school looked awesome with the football field lights on nestled back off the road against the side of that big mountain.  I remember we walked through the gate and a couple of Cland big huge lineman were propped up against the fence with no shirts on.  One had a beard that looked like Grizzly Adams.  A belly that looked like a barrel of beer.  He looked like he was at least 22 years old lol.  I’ve never been so intimidated as a fan lol.  I remember he played mean and was heck of a ball player.  You remember that @piratetom?  Both of us have always enjoyed going to new stadiums.  We love high school football.  Now that I think about it that was 2001, because my then best friend and another friend met us and went to it.   I then married that best friend in summer 2002.  Anyways, this should be a close game.  Good luck both teams.  

Keith Buchanan was one mean son of a gun, he only had a half a foot and later had to have his leg amputated. With 2 good feet,this monster would have been a monster. Was a nail biter in the 1st half, Cloudland pulled away in the 2ond half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Keith Buchanun, John Hicks, and Brandon Odom were some big dudes.  Keith was one of those rare specimens you only get every now and then.  He had a heat stroke against cherokee.  They were really good that year.  They beat the brakes off of Greenville.  After playing us,  those boys were in disbelief.