Rebs haid ovur two tha Beer-den

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This isn't the place to go see a ballgame if a hip replacement is in your near future. I have pitch gage app on my phone and I'm going to start seeing who has the steepest steps around.

Same stadium as it was when the current building opened in 1971.  

Same for Central.  

The last two remaining original football stadium structures at their current locations in the Knox County system, I am pretty sure.  The rest have all been replaced by the aluminum bleacher type structures with press boxes that more resemble a port a potty than a working press box.  

8 hours ago, TomLHS said:

If they are playing in December they will be State Champions…..book it.

Ya I was just giving volbroker a little bit of a hard time there , i'm sure he's thinking Oakland will kill us but he doesn't realize that would be Nov 26th . LOL , I hope we make it that far but I realize what an uphill Battle that may be for us . 

7 hours ago, HTV said:

Same stadium as it was when the current building opened in 1971.  

Same for Central.  

The last two remaining original football stadium structures at their current locations in the Knox County system, I am pretty sure.  The rest have all been replaced by the aluminum bleacher type structures with press boxes that more resemble a port a potty than a working press box.  

Central and Bearden's stadiums have lasted this long because they have taken care of the place. I personally don't like the aluminum bleachers because of the heat they attract. I always wondered why Powell got rid of their concrete stadium which was built in the early 60's. I never saw anything wrong with it. 

29 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Central and Bearden's stadiums have lasted this long because they have taken care of the place. I personally don't like the aluminum bleachers because of the heat they attract. I always wondered why Powell got rid of their concrete stadium which was built in the early 60's. I never saw anything wrong with it. 

Powell had no choice. It had major structural issues. 

But for Powell it was a good thing. They were able to add visitor side bleachers and increase seating capacity by about 35% overall with the new structures.