Whitwell @ South Pittsburg

rlh

22 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Rusty.

What’s happening is what I was afraid of. We lost a lot of talented kids last year that played a lot of ball together for a long time. A lot of these kids, especially on the line didn’t start. Now they are having to start because there is nobody else. Wes and Heath are smart coaches that have been at it for a while. If they can’t fix it, no one can.

5 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I wasn’t able to make it, too sick.  How did we do individually?   

Pm first half we looked like we hadn't played in a month. Second half looked much better.  I'm just glad we played whitwell last night.  If we can continue to play without cancelations I think we will be just fine come playoff time.  Biggest weakness imo is offensive line but I think they are improving. Had a few bad snaps but nothing close to what we saw at Sequatchie Co.  Next week should tell us a lot. Hope you get to feeling better and able to make it next week.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Pm first half we looked like we hadn't played in a month. Second half looked much better.  I'm just glad we played whitwell last night.  If we can continue to play without cancelations I think we will be just fine come playoff time.  Biggest weakness imo is offensive line but I think they are improving. Had a few bad snaps but nothing close to what we saw at Sequatchie Co.  Next week should tell us a lot. Hope you get to feeling better and able to make it next week.

Yes,I agree. Offensive line is very weak. I really wish we would cancel the Oakland game because those guys may get hurt. Thought it was insane before the season and still think so now.

35 minutes ago, powerp said:

Yes,I agree. Offensive line is very weak. I really wish we would cancel the Oakland game because those guys may get hurt. Thought it was insane before the season and still think so now.

Insane.....yes lol but to cancel it I think would be a bad idea as well. We don't have many home games and are in need of the gate. I think it will be a decent gate not necessarily because of a close game but due to the fact Oakland will arguably be the best team to ever play in the valley and lots of folks want to see them play.  I get the whole injury thing but honestly there is a risk of injury with every game. I think we will be just fine. I know the players are excited for the game 

6 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Insane.....yes lol but to cancel it I think would be a bad idea as well. We don't have many home games and are in need of the gate. I think it will be a decent gate not necessarily because of a close game but due to the fact Oakland will arguably be the best team to ever play in the valley and lots of folks want to see them play.  I get the whole injury thing but honestly there is a risk of injury with every game. I think we will be just fine. I know the players are excited for the game 

No doubt about the gate. People will come out on a Thursday to see future big time college players play for Oakland and see SP get their eyes beat in which doesn’t happen much. We need money for sure.

6 minutes ago, powerp said:

No doubt about the gate. People will come out on a Thursday to see future big time college players play for Oakland and see SP get their eyes beat in which doesn’t happen much. We need money for sure.

Who knows #2,#28,#7 or any other player could have some good plays etc and get some extra exposure.