Gordonsville @ Coalfield

rtl112

I think this will be the game where Gordonsville's inconsistencies and self-implosion errors bite them in the rear. There's no doubt they're big, fast, and strong compared to most 1A teams, but bone-headed penalties, erratic snaps, and mental errors will be even more glaring against a good team. They have more personal foul and snap problems that kill drives than any team I've seen in a long, long time. So much so, every coach should be bald from pulling their hair out. Usually these things are attributed to coaching issues, but these young men have to share in that responsibility having played together for years and still can't figure out how to clean it up, and be a well- oiled machine. I'd argue if they played mistake free, they can beat anyone, but I've never seen that they can... The shine could wear off next Friday and the back half of the season is definitely tougher than the first half.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

We've played Smith Co., Watertown, Eagleville, and Stewart Co.

Smith just took Walker Valley to 3 overtimes, while WV beat Carter soundly.

Watertown is a top 10 2A team and possibly a quarterfinal or semi team.

Eagleville is an average 1A team, and Stewart County is an average 3A team.

31 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Those are good wins.You will have a chance.Whoever wins this will have the heads up right now IMO!

I think it will be a good game but what i do know, not very much.

37 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

We've played Smith Co., Watertown, Eagleville, and Stewart Co.

Smith just took Walker Valley to 3 overtimes, while WV beat Carter soundly.

Watertown is a top 10 2A team and possibly a quarterfinal or semi team.

Eagleville is an average 1A team, and Stewart County is an average 3A team.

Good wins but didn’t Watertown struggle earlier in the season? 
Some teams match up better against others. Looking forward to (hopefully) getting to watch this one. Good luck to both teams. 

19 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Good wins but didn’t Watertown struggle earlier in the season? 
Some teams match up better against others. Looking forward to (hopefully) getting to watch this one. Good luck to both teams. 

Too many intangibles in football to compare scores and to be right on it.  Look at Oneida. I believe they've got a great squad but sure hasn't showed it yet.  We are talking about high school kids, who knows where their mind is at times.  

Edited by rtl112

16 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Too many intangibles in football to compare scores and to be right on it.  Look at Oneida. I believe they've got a great squad but sure hasn't showed it yet.  We are talking about high school kids, who knows where their mind is at times.  

Yep not a fan of score comparisons.We got beat by OS last year and should have beaten you all at CF and you all railroad OS the next week.All about matchups!

7 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I'm not worried about playing at Coalfield. These boys have won at Watertown and Stewart County this year, and have played at tough places in the past.

Coalfield has only played one decent team, and haven't been tested until last night.

I look for Gville to take care of business.

Let us know how that works for you after Friday night. Underestimate them.. I promise that’s the first mistake. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rtl112 said:

I think it will be a good game but what i do know, not very much.

I’ve saw Gordonsville. Yes they’re solid and deserve the respect but they’re far from being 3 TD’s better. They’re not disciplined at all and that alone puts them at a disadvantage coming up to play at coalfield. Long as you keep their big plays to a minimum then you guys take this one by a touchdown.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

Let us know how that works for you after Friday night. Underestimate them.. I promise that’s the first mistake. 

No one's underestimating them. All I'm saying is that we've played better competition as a whole, and playing in Coalfield will not overwhelm our players.

I know it will be a good game and I haven't stated otherwise.