South Gibson @ Henry County

BigRed88

South Gibson comes into town to take on the Henry County Patriots. The Hornets just tasted their first defeat of the season losing to Jackson North Side 30-27 and that puts them at 4-1 on the season. Henry County blasted Clarksville NW 48-0 to move them to 2-3 on the season. This is a non region game between the Hornets and the Patriots. How do yall see this game going?

South Gibson is a very good team, and run the option to perfection. Your defense will have to play their most discipline game! If y’all can string stops y’all can win, the combined sized and speed and offense should favor you guys. They are hornets, and just like their name indicates, they are annoying and will do any and everything to get the job done 

4 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

Against Milan they loaded up on the run so if you can pass some you can hit some long ones. On defense everyone has to play their assignment and not try to be a hero or they will be going the other way for big plays. If they can run they will be content on running clock and will keep the ball away from you. 

HC held northwest to negative 2 yards running and had at least 3 picks. I know south Gibson is a better caliber team than that but HC is better than the rankings show. Anyone who thinks we are down because of summit hasn’t played summit. I can’t see anything other than summit going back to state. HC held Brentwood to 14-0 till halftime then the play calls were as if we had the game won plus we lost our best running back after halftime. I hope people underestimate HC looking at our 2-3 record.  Also HC is hard to beat at home. THE BIG RED ROLLS ON THIS ONE. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Historically we usually do a pretty good job at stopping the option. If that's what they run i feel pretty confident in our group to slow that down significantly. As far as them loading the box to stop the run, i wish they would do that :popcorneater:

We got a gun slinger. I believe (don’t quote me) he’s 2 passing touchdowns away from the HC record. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRed88 said:

Historically we usually do a pretty good job at stopping the option. If that's what they run i feel pretty confident in our group to slow that down significantly. As far as them loading the box to stop the run, i wish they would do that :popcorneater:

Me also 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

We got a gun slinger. I believe (don’t quote me) he’s 2 passing touchdowns away from the HC record. 

Thats really impressive being that he is still a Junior and almost half way through the season. With his whole senior year ahead too, I think it would be very safe to say that once he gets that record, it will not be broken for many many years, IF EVER!

• Like 2