2A AP Poll 9/20

PurplePower68

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Very balanced, Simpsons football IQ more than matches his arm talent, if there’s nothing there he is gone and is true 4.6 speed in the open field ! The backs are close to as good as you will see and they rotate a lot of linemen, there line size was shocking tbh !! And pressuring him doesn’t work he roles out makes time and is more accurate in the scramble drill ! The problem with Westview is most teams don’t have the depth at the DB position to remotely slow them down ! Meigs in 2019 had a db group that was super talented as they shut us completely down passing the ball l, it would take that type of group to keep them remotely in check ! Just my 2 Cents !

I personally believe our dbs this year is better than what you saw in 19. Just my personal opinion. Does that mean we can survive a 5star quarterback? Probably not lol but we aren't bad at that position by any means.

Edited by Yeti

2 hours ago, Swarm said:

I can't speak for other aforementioned 2a teams but I can speak on Westview. 

They are very good. In every phase of the game. Spectacular on offense even. Also well disciplined with a special teams kicking field goals as fast as Simpson throws TDs. They pile up points QUICKLY. It's going to be a tall order to defeat them IMO. Not saying it's impossible though. A very powerful running game and a great defense could pose them problems. Does anyone in 2a got that?

That’s exactly what Meigs has. They run the ball well and are hard to bring down. The defense is very physical. If both teams make it that far I think it would be a great game. Meigs would have to control the clock which they can do. 

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

What does meigs have back? Wasn't it #12 that is being recruited by some big boys?

Most of our defense is back 8 players I believe it was. Return our qb who is a dual threat and return most of our receivers. Breaking in a few faces at offensive line and using a few we already had to tote the rock.

49 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Most of our defense is back 8 players I believe it was. Return our qb who is a dual threat and return most of our receivers. Breaking in a few faces at offensive line and using a few we already had to tote the rock.

New faces on the offensive line. Were those via the portal? Asking for a friend. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/20/2021 at 7:39 PM, pujo said:

Think they need to be 1st. Not sure any of the 2a teams are geared to defend this machine.

Pulling for you guys to win out so that when you come to Gray for the last game and beat us we don't look so bad.  I want Hampton ranked #1 by the end of the season, so come on Bulldogs, LET'S GO !!!!!!

15 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Pulling for you guys to win out so that when you come to Gray for the last game and beat us we don't look so bad.  I want Hampton ranked #1 by the end of the season, so come on Bulldogs, LET'S GO !!!!!!

Looks like a tough chore to me Blazer, you guys worry me. We'll just give it our best and see what happens. Either way it should help prepare us for the playoffs. I pull for you guys every week, like the way your coach does things. He does a GREAT job and the kids play hard and clean. My kind of football.

13 hours ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

New faces on the offensive line. Were those via the portal? Asking for a friend. 

I actually meant underclassmen getting their first start, But thank you. I forgot what 3rd or 4th in the region sounded like. 

Edited by Yeti

11 hours ago, pujo said:

Looks like a tough chore to me Blazer, you guys worry me. We'll just give it our best and see what happens. Either way it should help prepare us for the playoffs. I pull for you guys every week, like the way your coach does things. He does a GREAT job and the kids play hard and clean. My kind of football.

Thanks bro, let's just hope we all avoid Covid so we can make this game happen

14 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

That’s exactly what Meigs has. They run the ball well and are hard to bring down. The defense is very physical. If both teams make it that far I think it would be a great game. Meigs would have to control the clock which they can do. 

If Meigs can do what Peabody did I will be shocked. I don’t see that happening.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Thanks bro, let's just hope we all avoid Covid so we can make this game happen

For sure, we had one kid in the hospital and had a ROUGH time, we  were really worried, Thank God he recovered and is finally back on the team. Still may be a while before he can play ,but were really happy to have him back on the sidelines. Kid worked his rear off all summer and was looking to have a big year, oh, well at least he,s alive.