Lenoir City host Ribbinsville

Sandman63

4 hours ago, HTV said:

Thanks for the correction on the number of championships. Saw a couple of different numbers on The Google Machine.  

They certainly are a very good program in the smallest classification, historically much like Greenback and Coalfield have been in Tennessee.  

And you mention that Murphy is in their conference - Murphy just happens to be the home of whom I believe to be the best WR ever at the University of Tennessee, and one of the greatest athletes in the history of the school in Carl Pickens.  

Good post!:-D

31 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

My mother graduated from Robbinsville in 1940, I think thats good that Lenoir City got a game with them, after watching them against Oak Ridge last week I can see that they have motivated coaches and players determined to get better. 

I agree and good fans.  Their fans stayed and were vocal in a positive manner all the way to the final buzzer.   They have a lot of community pride down there.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mhs95 said:

Huck actually lives in Cherokee Co.   LIke 3 minutes up the road from my house.  We've hunted together for years.  

Mark  is so much better off with Huck as his partner than he was when Mike Cockrell was with him several yeas back.  Mike is a slimy little weasel who needs his butt kicked badly.  I hope Jerry turns on him and tears him a new one in the beginning of the new season for getting them caught by the po po.  

And Mike isn't actually a Sevier Countian.  He's from Mississippi who pretends to be from Sevier County when it is to his advantage.  I know a couple of people who have had dealings with him and can't stand the cocky weasel.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I agree and good fans.  Their fans stayed and were vocal in a positive manner all the way to the final buzzer.   They have a lot of community pride down there.  

Add to that Lenoir City played the JV FR Combo game last night even in the rain, most teams cancel, as one has already on OR this year, that is a sign that Lenoir City wants to get better.....

19 hours ago, HTV said:

Dawg82 and I are a few years older than you, but we played baseball at a juco just east of Asheville together and had some teammates from Robbinsville and Murphy.  Dawg82 is from just up the road in Enka.  

Saw those two school play several times during my time in Western North Carolina.  

Dang, that was a long time ago. But I do remember the Smokey Mountain Conference beating up on each other. It was harder to win that conference than it was to win the state in 1A. Smokey Mountain 1A and 2A schools use to go at each other hard with the Streeter brothers and a QB named Shuler and many others.