COVINGTON @ DYERSBURG - Oct. 1

CHARGERFAN

22 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

I have no skin in the game either way, I just enjoy good football, but punt that Covington returned for a TD after dyersburg touched it was the most egregious blown call I have ever seen. I will also add that the kick at the end of the game was blocked, it doesn't matter if the kicker gets hit, the ball didn't travel 30 yards, it was definitely blocked. 

Two things. The ball didn’t touch the Dburg player on the punt and it does matter if the kicker gets hit. Good night. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Two things. The ball didn’t touch the Dburg player on the punt and it does matter if the kicker gets hit. Good night. 

Definitely a heck of a game! Rematch in round 3 hopefully 

One question though, what was with the sign to start the game? "Money won't save you" ??

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lol. I didn’t see it. Yea definitely a great game. These two will meet again. Two fantastic teams. 

I thought Covington coaching staff made a good decision to change up the offense the second half, as Dyersburg “d” was throttling Covington. 

Two very good teams. Congrats to Dyersburg, good win.  

2 minutes ago, mg said:

I thought Covington coaching staff made a good decision to change up the offense the second half, as Dyersburg “d” was throttling Covington. 

Two very good teams. Congrats to Dyersburg, good win.  

That’s my question to Covington fans, why didn’t #8 start the game at QB?

52 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

Thank you for saying that with no partiality. Covington had a region championship taken from them tonight by them striped idiots. The missed field goal was the end of the game. Honestly, I don’t think Dyersburg had any penalties called against them.

Yo, calm down man. Are you okay? I know people get emotional and fired up about games, but calling the refs " stupid idiots " is going too far. If you want to say they suck at their job, cool. My question would be have you ever been a ref? Have you ever reffed a highly contested ball game? Refs are going to make mistakes, miss holds, and give bad spots. Covington should not have left the game up to the refs. They should have come in and handled business. I used to be the same way you are until someone called me out and asked me those exact same questions. The T$$AA has a hard enough time finding officials already! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dash said:

That’s my question to Covington fans, why didn’t #8 start the game at QB?

I am sure that the Dyersburg “d” is glad they got to see that offense change up, as they will need to work a lot on that before they meet again.  Dyersburg “d” is to be commended as they have improved over last year. 

Covington is well coached and had a lot of weapons.  I know that Dyersburg schedule does not win any strength of schedule awards,  but tonight, Dyersburg proved they are a good team. 

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yo, calm down man. Are you okay? I know people get emotional and fired up about games, but calling the refs " stupid idiots " is going too far. If you want to say they suck at their job, cool. My question would be have you ever been a ref? Have you ever reffed a highly contested ball game? Refs are going to make mistakes, miss holds, and give bad spots. Covington should not have left the game up to the refs. They should have come in and handled business. I used to be the same way you are until someone called me out and asked me those exact same questions. The T$$AA has a hard enough time finding officials already! 

But when a game is called one way on one team all night......makes it hard, not to be  hard on the refs. 

4 minutes ago, ChargerFan7465 said:

But when a game is called one way on one team all night......makes it hard, not to be  hard on the refs. 

I understand your point. However, people thinking that a game is rigged, or the officials had it out for the Chargers is silly. Covington will get a chance to play DBurg again. Settle the score then.