Desean Bishop's quest for 3000 yards

eyeinthesky

Through 6 games Karns RB Desean Bishop has a total of 1819 yards.  He is averaging 303 yards per game.  With 4 regular season games remaining, he will need to average 303 per game.  He might get a 5th game if the Beavers make the post season.   I am cheering him on to get to this goal.  He has been amazing to watch his first 3 years and I think you will start to see D1 offers pile in.   He seems to never wear down and his motor is extremely high.   I can't wait to see what the future holds for me.

• Upvote 3

I had the pleasure of doing play by play for every one of Dy'shawn Mobley's 3.068 yards in 2011, which at the time was a state record, but is now 3rd.  And he had 15 games to do it and I know how impressive that was.  For Bishop to even be in the discussion of having an opportunity to do it in 11 or so games shows what a talented running back he is.  

Alcoa's Jarod Toney has the state single season record for rushing TDs with 50 in 2009, and Mobley is next with 46.  Where is Bishop right now on rushing TDs?  

13 minutes ago, HTV said:

I had the pleasure of doing play by play for every one of Dy'shawn Mobley's 3.068 yards in 2011, which at the time was a state record, but is now 3rd.  And he had 15 games to do it and I know how impressive that was.  For Bishop to even be in the discussion of having an opportunity to do it in 11 or so games shows what a talented running back he is.  

Alcoa's Jarod Toney has the state single season record for rushing TDs with 50 in 2009, and Mobley is next with 46.  Where is Bishop right now on rushing TDs?  

He's only got 18 total TDs this year, and I think 2 of those were receiving. He isn't going to touch that record. If he stays healthy, there are some career numbers he will challenge. He actually rushed for 2,755 yards and 38 TDs his first two seasons.

26 minutes ago, HTV said:

Dy'Shawn also played a much much much tougher schedule. Go look at it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

Dy'Shawn also played a much much much tougher schedule. Go look at it. 

Yup, I remember well. He was fun to watch. Another thing to note is that Dy'shawn often didn't play in the second half of those games. With the exception of the William Blount game, Bishop has played for 4 full quarters every week this season.

Still, to be able to achieve that feat in 10-11 games versus 15 is an accomplishment.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Yup, I remember well. He was fun to watch. Another thing to note is that Dy'shawn often didn't play in the second half of those games. With the exception of the William Blount game, Bishop has played for 4 full quarters every week this season.

Still, to be able to achieve that feat in 10-11 games versus 15 is an accomplishment.

Absolutely! I did not mean to take anything away from De'Sean. He is the real deal! But like you said about Mobley only playing the first half... it's apples and oranges. If Mobley played four quarters for fifteen games, 4k would've been totally possible. Powell was so good in those days. I had just moved to Knoxville a couple years earlier and was spoiled with the HS ball around here during that time!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, eyeinthesky said:

Through 6 games Karns RB Desean Bishop has a total of 1819 yards.  He is averaging 303 yards per game.  With 4 regular season games remaining, he will need to average 303 per game.  He might get a 5th game if the Beavers make the post season.   I am cheering him on to get to this goal.  He has been amazing to watch his first 3 years and I think you will start to see D1 offers pile in.   He seems to never wear down and his motor is extremely high.   I can't wait to see what the future holds for me.

What type of offense do Karns run? Bishop right and bishop left?? Genius! Good luck to the Beavs this year!

• Upvote 2

What a special talent. I think that he should perhaps consider sitting next year out and saving his body for college. He has taken a million handoffs as a high schooler and the college game is going to be a grind. No sense in wasting his body for a 6-4 season! IMO JMO. 

I am also curious what everyone else thinks about the level of competition. If he played 6A ball, I'm not so sure he would crack 1,000 yards. Would be interesting to see. :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1