Tyner@Marion

This is an interesting game.  Should be game of the week and a tough three game stretch for the ram train.  They made light work out of the blue warriors last night, can they do the same to the purple ones?  Tyner has dominated the series the past decade or more, Marion finally winning one last year.  What does this meeting hold?

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

This is an interesting game.  Should be game of the week and a tough three game stretch for the ram train.  They made light work out of the blue warriors last night, can they do the same to the purple ones?  Tyner has dominated the series the past decade or more, Marion finally winning one last year.  What does this meeting hold?

TTP you almost got it right when it comes to the series but this is what has happened since 2015: MC won 2 games in 2015 and 2016 & 2020. Tyner won 2 in 2017, 2018 & 2019. Both have won 4 games since the series was resumed in 2015. 

The teams did not play between 2009-2014( 6 years).

Tyner dominated between 1996 and 2008.

Should be a good game on Friday and a measuring stick especially for the Rams!!

Two big keys I see in this game:

1.  Can Tyner’s front 7 on defense hold up to the pounding the powerful Marion line and basic running game will seek to establish?  If they can’t - huge edge to MC as they will control clock, limit possessions and wear the Rams down as many play both ways.

If Tyner can shut that down or at least stifle their base stuff then

2. Which team makes more big plays.  MC has a couple of elite explosive play makers who can score on any play against those teams they have played so far.  Does Tyner have enough athletes running to the ball to limit the home run plays.  Also Tyner has hit many big plays in both the run game and the pass game.  Though Taye may be the best player on the field- Tyner may have more potential big play threats(17,3,25 running) and (4,6,11 receiving). When Tyner QB is on and executing this spread on offense - he is pretty good folks.

I think it will be a very spirited and close game if Tyner can hold up to the basic pounding MC tries to inflict.

49 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

This should be a dandy, I think this has potential to be high scoring 

High scoring game favors tyner in my opinion.   They have been able to throw and run at will so far.  Marion has brought back a physical brand of football the last couple of years and it fits well with the line averaging over 300lbs and being pretty athletic for their size. Marion's defense has been pretty good at limiting big plays and have been kind of a bend but don't break at times.  If tyner shuts down the run game then Marion is looking to travel in round one of the playoffs.  Turnovers could also be key and special teams.  It will be hard to overcome a special teams score for either.  This game will by far be the best team each has played to this point.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

19 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

This is the most intriguing game in 2A to me. Is Marion a contender? Is Tyner headed on an upward trajectory or more of the same? A win by Tyner would throw the proverbial monkey wrench in the CoachT prognosticators’ bracket prognostications!

My thoughts exactly.Curious to see this one play out.No prediction from here but and interesting matchup.

Marion County outlasts the ram train in a shoot out.  Both have a chance of beating meigs too in my opinion.  I plan on watchin this game and watching meigs play both of them.  im curious about how this region unfolds.  i thought bledsoe was a contender but the injury bug got them it looks like