Oakland hosting CPA - Thursday

CougarDadx2

50 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Don't know much about mid Tennessee  football but I know this will easily be one of the best games in state all year how does CPA compare to Lipscomb  because I was dead wrong on my Oakland vs Lipscomb  prediction I figured Oakland would have their with them but they kept it within 8 points and to me thats really something when your playing against the best team in the state which happens to be national ranked. Still think Oakland beats CPA just curious how close them Presbyterian boys keep it with the Pats

I dont know how this game will go.  Hoping Oakland can get another win.  But i will say that that here in Mid Tn the defense wins big games.  DL was averaging about 60 pts a game.  They scored 21 and lost.   They have been outscoring opponents with that great offense.  Great backfield and line will win alot of games.  But you cant depend on that every time.  Go Patriots!

On 10/3/2021 at 4:00 PM, Kevin38 said:

Am I correct that there will be 2 MyTv 30 games this week, this one and one on Friday night...

Hope you're right. I'd love to see that. Hope my man Creasy keeps the ball rolling. He got 3 gold balls here in Trousdale. Miss him.

Edited by Grunt
  • Upvote 2

On 10/4/2021 at 9:35 AM, BreadTruck28 said:

For CPA fans, I think we can only hope to play as well as Lipscomb did. 

CPA is a talented team with great coaching and quite a few D1 players. A good mixture of size, strength, and speed. In their own pond, they play good defense, and can either throw or run with relative ease.

Oakland is scary good.  However, I think it will be a competitive game. 

What players / positions have D1 offers for CPA?

Just listened to a interview with Cade Law the CPA QB on 104.5 The Zone out of Nashville.  Seems like an intelligent well spoken young man.  Baseball for Vandy next year?  Good for him.  A great baseball program and a free Vandy education is pretty freaking awesome.

I certainly think that the Oakland/CPA game will be very competitive with Oakland being good enough to make the plays when it counts.  Just like they did with LA.  I hope I'm wrong and that it will be a good ol' Oakland beatdown like they have done with supposedly good teams like Maryville the last two times they visited us.  

Go Pats.

Edited by ttitan27

8 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Just listened to a interview with Cade Law the CPA QB on 104.5 The Zone out of Nashville.  Seems like an intelligent well spoken young man.  Baseball for Vandy next year?  Good for him.  A great baseball program and a free Vandy education is pretty freaking awesome.

I certainly think that the Oakland/CPA game will be very competitive with Oakland being good enough to make the plays when it counts.  Just like they did with LA.  I hope I'm wrong and that it will be a good ol' Oakland beatdown like they have done with supposedly good teams like Maryville the last two times they visited us.  

Go Pats.

That was a good interview. I think last year the baseball team had 20 players that played football also. A scary looking baseball team to say the least. Cade is going to be a Vandyboy and two others have committed to UT so far baseball-wise. 

10 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

What players / positions have D1 offers for CPA?

I’ll miss some players but off the top of my head:

QB is Vandy Baseball but could play D1 football.  LB / RB is committed to Vanderbilt. TE / LB is committed to UT baseball but is looking at football offers also. Senior WR is going to Charlotte. Junior WR will have multiple sport offers. NG committed to Air Force. LT has offers from schools like ETSU. I know I missing some, sorry…

11 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

QB is Vandy Baseball but could play D1 football.  LB / RB is committed to Vanderbilt. TE / LB is committed to UT baseball but is looking at football offers also. Senior WR is going to Charlotte. Junior WR will have multiple sport offers. NG committed to Air Force. LT has offers from schools like ETSU. I know I missing some, sorry…

Thanks - appreciate the information. Have you by chance seen the gofan link for tickets?

Having watched both teams a little, and seeing CPA up close, this looks like a strength on strength game.  Oakland has James the best RB in the state, and CPA has an excellent front 7.  They are just fundamentally really sound.  They do a great job getting off blocks and making tackles.  When we (MBA) played CPA we couldn't get anything going with the run game.  There was just nowhere to run.  The D line doesn't look that big but they beat blockers and clog holes and let the LBs clean up.  Those LBs led by Patterson just don't miss a lot of tackles.  I think Ingle still values coaching and practicing the old school way and it shows.  Against us, the CPA offense bogged down because I think they were resting Patterson on offense some.  He and Law together are a pretty strong duo running the read option.  Two great teams, will be fun to watch.

16 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Woof!  Very solid.  Last few weeks the Pats have started games with turnovers and got behind early.  Hopefully they can avoid some of that stuff this week.  If not?  CPA will make them pay.  Dearly,  

Something tells me Oakland players will be much more focused this week after running the LA and Blackman gauntlet.  My general feeling is that they now know they are not invincible.   

Breadtruck if you find yourself at the game early and anywhere in the vicinity of the Oakland pressbox, swing by and say hi.  I'll be the guy wearing a blue hat with an American flag on it.  Unless I can con Creasy out of a new Oakland hat this year.  Year 6 for me pressing the scoreboard buttons and I think so far I've gotten one hat and two cheeseburgers.  I need a new agent to negotiate my contract.

2 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Woof!  Very solid.  Last few weeks the Pats have started games with turnovers and got behind early.  Hopefully they can avoid some of that stuff this week.  If not?  CPA will make them pay.  Dearly,  

Something tells me Oakland players will be much more focused this week after running the LA and Blackman gauntlet.  My general feeling is that they now know they are not invincible.   

Breadtruck if you find yourself at the game early and anywhere in the vicinity of the Oakland pressbox, swing by and say hi.  I'll be the guy wearing a blue hat with an American flag on it.  Unless I can con Creasy out of a new Oakland hat this year.  Year 6 for me pressing the scoreboard buttons and I think so far I've gotten one hat and two cheeseburgers.  I need a new agent to negotiate my contract.

CPA has had some slow starts recently also.  Hopefully both will be on point this Thursday and we see another great game.  I would definitely drop by, but I had to go out of town this week and will miss it in person but hopefully follow along on the radio broadcast.

• Upvote 1