Haywood vs Covington!!!

Kruger77

50 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

He hasn’t played a snap on offense all year but you never know what Kirby will have up his sleeve. It will be a good test for our offense against the Tomcat D. 

I would be willing to bet that Flowers is going to get some time running the ball during practice this week.  I know J.R., and I know to expect the unexpected!  J.R. is a good coach, and he always comes up with a great game plan.  Chris Smith is a good coach too.  It's going to be fun watching these 2 coaches and teams butt heads this week. 

Coach Kirby has a winning percentage of 81% at Covington.  Coach Smith has a winning percentage of 83% at Haywood.  They know how to get the best out of their teams.

Edited by stacmot
  • Like 1

This is a win win for me however i feel like Haywood will have the edge. The tomcat defense is tough especially against the run. Covington will have to pass in this game to have a chance, and more than just a couple surprise passes. The tomcat offense will be too much in my unprofessional opinion. 

Either way, 

Go Tomcats and Chargers!!

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

I would be willing to bet that Flowers is going to get some time running the ball during practice this week.  I know J.R., and I know to expect the unexpected!  J.R. is a good coach, and he always comes up with a great game plan.  Chris Smith is a good coach too.  It's going to be fun watching these 2 coaches and teams butt heads this week. 

Coach Kirby has a winning percentage of 81% at Covington.  Coach Smith has a winning percentage of 83% at Haywood.  They know how to get the best out of their teams.

Good stuff! Both are great coaches. I would expect a hard fought game for sure. I have praised the coaches and programs for getting this old school rivalry back going. 

5 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I see all the data that favors Haywood. I would not want to bet money that my Chargers will beat the Tomcats, but I will be in the stands pulling for a win by Covington.

What’s that old saying “Hope springs eternal”?

GO CHARGERS!

Really I don't care who wins the game just hoping for an injury free game. So both of these teams can make a deep playoff run. See u Friday night. Go TOMCATS!!!!

• Like 1