McKenzie vs Sequatchie County

VOLnWTN

I hate it for the kids at Bruceton and the town.  We all know in small towns, Friday nights are a big deal. It is especially hard to see this happening to a program that has deep traditions in high school football. I honestly was not looking forward to calling this game. First time I have ever said that since I have been calling Rebel football.  

14 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Bruceton started the season around 30 players on their roster. They lost 4-5 players in reflect of the coaching change. They also lost 4-5 additional players when they started 0-3 on the season. That leaves them down to around 20 players. 5-6 players have season ending injuries. They had 14-15 players dressed on their sideline last week against Perry County. There was one more player that got hurt and it appeared that was he is done (based off significant of injury) for the season. There are more injured players on the Bruceton sideline than they are in "non-injured" players.

I'm not a fan of teams cancelling a game due to injuries when they have more than enough players to still play the game (regardless of victory or defeat). But, McKenzie would be wasting their time playing Bruceton. Bruceton had 8th graders (who aren't fully developed size wise) playing receiver and 8th/9th graders playing on the offensive line. They had a safety wearing #63. It wasn't going to be fair and Bruceton would be completely embarrassed and potentially hurt even more. This is the right decision.

Oh man that's some bad luck that just snowballed out of control.  Well I hate that all that is happening to them but at the same glad it's not more internal issues. Hopefully they can get the injury bug off their back going into next year. I heard they had a darn good Jr.High team, hopefully it transfers over to HS for them in the next few years.

19 hours ago, Southtowner said:

How did this game get scheduled?

@Indian & @Butchie behind this? 

Sequatchie was supposed to host Whitwell but Whitwell is making up a region game that was canceled earlier in the year.

Sequatchie should have been playing at Cannon Co. (Region game) (Cannon has an off week) this week but they have refused to make up the cancellation from earlier in the season.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Easy now. We have a good defense. The offense has improved as the season progressed. We’re Not a bad football team!

I'm glad to see you back on. Has been a while since I've seen you post. If McKenzie is as good as the posters from west TN say then it could be a running clock. 4hr trip just doesn't make a lot sense to me.