Morristown football?

1OldPatriot

On 10/23/2021 at 1:25 PM, SweetScience said:

They’re a VERY close 3rd….

What if we ended up meeting in the semi-final on Nov 26?      Is that even possible?      Would we both need a lot of help from covid?          But perhaps the biggest question, could you guys even find your way to Gray TN?

18 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

What if we ended up meeting in the semi-final on Nov 26?      Is that even possible?      Would we both need a lot of help from covid?          But perhaps the biggest question, could you guys even find your way to Gray TN?

I can't even begin to tell you how big of an honor it would be if we were so lucky to get the opportunity to play at the place where the past glory of Blazer lore have trodden. 

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I can't even begin to tell you how big of an honor it would be if we were so lucky to get the opportunity to play at the place where the past glory of Blazer lore have trodden. 

We have only been to the 3rd round twice in 50 years, so unless a bunch of covid situations happen we won't be seeing you in the semis.     However next year have your people get with our people and work something out to play in the regular season.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, SweetScience said:

West used to perennially be a good team. Not sure what’s going on there, but hopefully they get it worked out since they’re my second favorite HS team.

Granted it was almost 20 years ago, but West beat Maryville twice in three years. Once in the regular season, once in the semifinals. I believe that was Maryville’s last regular season loss to a team not named Alcoa or Oakland.

7 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I think Dale was there from 1979-1996. And Don was there from 1997-2007. Both coaches had some good teams.  Where did Don go when he left MW? 

He was coaching at VMI (D-line) after Morristown West. His younger brother was the head coach there from 2008 through 2014. After his brother was fired at VMI, Don became the QB coach at Carson Newman. Not sure that he's coaching currently.