Region 4A Championship Clay County (9-0) @ Gordonsville (8-1)

OldTownRoad

20 hours ago, MainStreetBengal said:

I do try and catch you boys on a stream when my bunch ain’t playing.  Tell our radio crew their buddy from up in the frigid tundra says treat you boys good or they’ll have an unhappy old man!

Also tell Dickerson take it easy Friday night  and an old friend way up in NY says hello. He’ll know or least he better!

I sure didn't know who main street was until this post,  but I do now. I'm glad you found your way here so you can vent some way other than Facebook. 

2 hours ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Lol I started attending Tiger Games that year!  We may be dominating the seriea but there’s been some good ones along the way.  My Sophomore year, 85 we got popped right in the chops all night long.  That bunch were  beasts!  I got a lot of memories of some of the Dawgs through the years.  Them Reecer boys must have played from the time they left the womb. Ogletree played rugged! Hull was as good a RB you boys ever had. I mean Arms, Strong, Watson. I was truly sad when the Coach from that time period passed away! Always friendly wherever you saw him and dear lord he had forearms like tree trunks!

Some of our local legends to be sure!  I always wondered how things would have gone over the years if Coach Richardson would have been around longer.

1 hour ago, Pepperspot said:

I sure didn't know who main street was until this post,  but I do now. I'm glad you found your way here so you can vent some way other than Facebook. 

Hey if it needs to be said I let her rip! Gimme a Fullback, TE and a tailback  7 yards deep! Lol

Pepper I been here a long time. Just forgot password so I said what better handle for somebody that grew up in the glow of Turney Ford Field.

1 hour ago, Boarhog said:

Some of our local legends to be sure!  I always wondered how things would have gone over the years if Coach Richardson would have been around longer.

Boar  I am guessing you are a bit younger than to have played during that time period? Coach Richardson was a good man.  83 was a year we played twice, I was still in Jr High. I do believe we went up there either the last or next to last game of the season and lost a tough one. Then came back and avenged that loss. 

There could be a book written about the old days and some of the characters around.

3 hours ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Boar  I am guessing you are a bit younger than to have played during that time period? Coach Richardson was a good man.  83 was a year we played twice, I was still in Jr High. I do believe we went up there either the last or next to last game of the season and lost a tough one. Then came back and avenged that loss. 

There could be a book written about the old days and some of the characters around.

Yeah, fall of ‘99 was my last go around. I posted two links to clippings from those games you referenced from y’all’s silver ball run.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

Yeah, fall of ‘99 was my last go around. I posted two links to clippings from those games you referenced from y’all’s silver ball run.

Man alive you talking three yards and a cloud of dust that playoff game for us. Bet you don’t see a Gordonsville back carry it 42 times Friday night!

Edited by MainStreetBengal

On 10/23/2021 at 6:01 PM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Let me guess. They could start for Red Boiling, Pickett County, Community, and and Sale Creek? 

I’ll say this much Clay County will show up for the game this week unlike Trousdale County when they had to face a team that was going to beat them. TC pulled a Democrat move and twisted the rules so they wouldn’t have to play Upperman.  Gordonsville is the favorite here at home but I’m pulling for Clay County as always. Now in a few weeks when round ball rolls around Clay would beat an all-star team of TC and Gordy combined by 40!

58 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’ll say this much Clay County will show up for the game this week unlike Trousdale County when they had to face a team that was going to beat them. TC pulled a Democrat move and twisted the rules so they wouldn’t have to play Upperman.  Gordonsville is the favorite here at home but I’m pulling for Clay County as always. Now in a few weeks when round ball rolls around Clay would beat an all-star team of TC and Gordy combined by 40!

Wow. You are, as always, wow…