Portland visits Henry County

olddevil

1 minute ago, MSURacer said:

Agreed. Also agreed the first time he posted it. It's just something I've never understood. Other players on the team notice that kind of thing and it typically does not resonate well, but sometimes old habits die hard, and seniority has always seemed important to these coaches. It doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing (if the players are equal, then sure, being a senior should count for something), but it should never be a detriment to the team, as in a superior player being sidelined just because he's an underclassmen.

Granted, I admit I'm not the one working with these kids every day. Sometimes it's a matter of maturity and trust. If I have a crazy talented sophomore but he's a total knucklehead, goofs off in practice, acts up in class, etc. then yeah, I'm probably gonna be more willing to play the senior over him. It's easy for us fans to forget the very human element of high school sports. Yeah, the coaches' jobs are to win games, but they're also in the business of molding young men.

Yeah and I agree with that too, especially that last part. That was a good way to put it about maybe a crazy talented sophomore possibly being a knucklehead or whatever, then yeah I could see why they may play a senior more. I guess the only thing for us to do is to trust the process and sit back and let things happen. All of us Henry County posters may not always agree with each other or with the way things are done but dang it we are all Patriots, and we're all on the same side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Yeah and I agree with that too, especially that last part. That was a good way to put it about maybe a crazy talented sophomore possibly being a knucklehead or whatever, then yeah I could see why they may play a senior more. I guess the only thing for us to do is to trust the process and sit back and let things happen. All of us Henry County posters may not always agree with each other or with the way things are done but dang it we are all Patriots, and we're all on the same side.

This season has been a major letdown for sure, but I'm also just getting older and trying to see things as they come. I don't like automatically assuming the worst about the coaches or players. I hope they can right the ship to finish this season and build some positive momentum into next year. I believe they can. But whether or not they do will say a lot.  

• Like 1

This has been a very tough season without a doubt starting with Summit but this can be turned around quickly as it did with the win last week at NE. I feel like these young men will make a statement against Portland and heading into the playoffs. Let's also take into consideration of all the injuries with star players as #17, #3, and now #4 with others playing through nagging injuries. I will set the record straight when I talk about athletes, as athletes comes in all colors, so I'm not referring to black, white, or yellow. Truth be known, I'm Caucasian so there it is. #17 was by far the real deal running back this year and he went down with an ankle injury then #35 young man stepped it up BIG time with spurts from #4. There are athletes on this team in all colors but I just stated facts about what's going on as being a standout player myself for HC. Play the best players, bottom line. I can go on and on giving out shout-outs Offensively & Defensively but that's not relevant right here, right now. #37, keep doing your thing at LB, you're killing it. We end the regular season tomorrow night giving Portland way more than they want. The second season starts Nov 5th and I see these young men rolling into Springfield in round 3 taking them down on their home field.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RedPride91 said:

This has been a very tough season without a doubt starting with Summit but this can be turned around quickly as it did with the win last week at NE. I feel like these young men will make a statement against Portland and heading into the playoffs. Let's also take into consideration of all the injuries with star players as #17, #3, and now #4 with others playing through nagging injuries. I will set the record straight when I talk about athletes, as athletes comes in all colors, so I'm not referring to black, white, or yellow. Truth be known, I'm Caucasian so there it is. #17 was by far the real deal running back this year and he went down with an ankle injury then #35 young man stepped it up BIG time with spurts from #4. There are athletes on this team in all colors but I just stated facts about what's going on as being a standout player myself for HC. Play the best players, bottom line. I can go on and on giving out shout-outs Offensively & Defensively but that's not relevant right here, right now. #37, keep doing your thing at LB, you're killing it. We end the regular season tomorrow night giving Portland way more than they want. The second season starts Nov 5th and I see these young men rolling into Springfield in round 3 taking them down on their home field.

I'm a fan of you RedPride. I like the energy. It's time for Patriot Nation to band together like never before, put any differences aside and let's go do what we do!!!

14 hours ago, RedPride91 said:

HC- 35

Portland- 21

First of all, a much needed win last week for the young men from a confidence standpoint heading into the play-offs. Now let's talk a little football 101. The Offense exploded and came alive last week against North East. After weeks of the Defense holding things down somewhat, they gave up 40 points last week. If everyone is seeing what I'm seeing, going back to the Tillman game, they found the weak spot in our Secondary at one of the Safety positions. Last week, NE found the same weak spot so we decided to move the one Safety from the left side to the right side in the 2nd half as if they wouldn't figure that out. So what does NE do, they throw to the other side where the weaker Safety moved to and we had no answer. When the Boyd player went down against Clarksville NW, we should have replaced him with another athlete but that wasn't the case. A smart opposing Offensive Coordinator can see when a player is moved from one side to the other and keep exploiting the side of the weaker, smaller Safety. The coaching has to get better in that aspect and replace an athlete with another athlete instead of catering to a Senior with no athletic ability as you have several athletes on the sidelines which you refuse to play due to their class status. I said this the last post, it doesn't matter what year an athlete is, if they are better than the upper classmen, they deserve to be on the field rather than catering to a Senior because of politics. As a coach and heading into the playoffs, I'm playing all of my athletes to make a good run heading into what you call a new season with everyone basically being 0-0 starting November 5th. Roll Red Roll!

Sounds to me like an unhappy dad because his kid's not playing. 'Nuff said!  B)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RedPride91 said:

Good luck!

One dimensional running teams are the best matchup for our defense. This weather, however, gives said teams a little better chance in those matchups. I think we’ll move the ball on them, but if we can’t throw it some in this rain, I see a very low scoring, grind it out affair. If we can find some balance, I could see us scoring 40 again this week. With the forecast, probably more like 21-13.

15 hours ago, RedPride91 said:

unless some big time changes i dont see you making it to the third round to be honest. I can't decide if you guys win tonight or not against portland. I do give you the advantage because your at home. Portland is very one dimensional that is a fact and in my opinion they are not that good. I can't wait to see what happens here. If you guys play HC kind of ball you should roll...but playing the way they have it will be closer than you would like.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

I'm a fan of you RedPride. I like the energy. It's time for Patriot Nation to band together like never before, put any differences aside and let's go do what we do!!!

Copy that!! Has anyone that is close to the program heard if the players like the turf better than grass?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

unless some big time changes i dont see you making it to the third round to be honest. I can't decide if you guys win tonight or not against portland. I do give you the advantage because your at home. Portland is very one dimensional that is a fact and in my opinion they are not that good. I can't wait to see what happens here. If you guys play HC kind of ball you should roll...but playing the way they have it will be closer than you would like.

I think it will be closer too especially when you consider that HC only beat NE by 4 points.  The Pats D holds the key this week