Portland visits Henry County

olddevil

4 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

With all due respect, they didn't look good because Henry County made them look bad. That's all about Henry County there. They played lights out. Portland is a pretty decent team.

Maybe so, but I just cant see how the team HC played tonight was up on Springfield at the start of the 4th qtr. They never came close to scoring tonight.

I really hope it is because HC has 'turned the corner'.

Go Big Red!

2 minutes ago, BigRedRealist said:

Maybe so, but I just cant see how the team HC played tonight was up on Springfield at the start of the 4th qtr. They never came close to scoring tonight.

I really hope it is because HC has 'turned the corner'.

Go Big Red!

Yeah I definitely see what your saying. Maybe we have. We will know more next week and hopefully the week after.

32 minutes ago, BigRedRealist said:

Sorry Commissioner, I respect you,  but Portland was not very good. I have no idea how they were up on Springfield in the 4th qtr? they never really threatened to score on HC.

Good luck to Springfield next week.

Go Big Red.

Let's just say they didnt start turning the ball ove until like 7 minutes remaining in the game, at which time we put up 22 points in that 7 minutes, BUT comparing/looking at scores does not typically work with Springfield. Heck we dont even look impressive on film to most people. Anyway, none of this matters now and will not in a few weeks if we meet again. I believe it is very possible BUT also not a given as we both have tough roads to get there. I know I am very excited for the next few weeks, good luck to you guys and hope to see you guys in Springfield in a few weeks!

3 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Let's just say they didnt start turning the ball ove until like 7 minutes remaining in the game, at which time we put up 22 points in that 7 minutes, BUT comparing/looking at scores does not typically work with Springfield. Heck we dont even look impressive on film to most people. Anyway, none of this matters now and will not in a few weeks if we meet again. I believe it is very possible BUT also not a given as we both have tough roads to get there. I know I am very excited for the next few weeks, good luck to you guys and hope to see you guys in Springfield in a few weeks!

Good luck to y'all as well. Maybe IF we do meet again we can have another smash mouth game like the first one. I like seeing those defensive games where one big play could change the game. 

40 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Good luck to y'all as well. Maybe IF we do meet again we can have another smash mouth game like the first one. I like seeing those defensive games where one big play could change the game. 

Yeah I like defensive games myself, but man they make you sweat so much and it was humid when we played the 1st time. I am sure it will be on the cooler side this time. Having said that, I expect more points to be scored this time if it happens. I still say 21-17, 17-14, or even 14-10 would not surprise me, both teams play good defense but turnovers could open it up for either team...

9 hours ago, BigRedRealist said:

Sorry Commissioner, I respect you,  but Portland was not very good. I have no idea how they were up on Springfield in the 4th qtr? they never really threatened to score on HC.

Good luck to Springfield next week.

Go Big Red.

Well, I missed this one.  I thought the Pats would win but I expected a closer game.  Good win for you going into the playoffs.  Congratulations and good luck next week