Central @ West

madhatter2269

2 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

I honestly can't believe that these two teams have only played twice  in the last ten years.  My gut still says West wins this by 10.  

From your mouth to god's ears. I'm super concerned about Central's defense though. They have a defensive lineman leading the FiveStarPreps are in sacks. We're going to need a big effort up front!

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Central was 4A for a long time, maybe that explains it

Yep.  Central was 4A for, and I am pretty sure this is accurate, a 4 year classification period.  

And as 5A schools West and Central were in different regions for a while, as well. 

33 minutes ago, StanTheMan said:

In my humble opinion, this is the most interesting match-up in the greater Knoxville area this week. The Central Bobcats have one of the better 5A defenses in the state only allowing 18ppg (tied for 4th in the state), while their offense is scoring 36ppg (6th in the state). Meanwhile, on the other end of town, West High's defense is allowing 18.2ppg (5th in the state), while their offense is averaging 33.9ppg (7th in the state). Obviously, these two teams have seen a ton of success the past few years in the W-L column and both teams know what it takes to win.

This will certainly be a defensive battle with two of the better 5A defenses in the state battling it out in what could be harsh weather conditions. West always has a great defensive team, but I must give the edge to the Bobcats and Coach Larry Slade's former understudy Coach Nick Craney. If there is one thing I know, it is that Coach will have the boys ready to attack the ball carrier and stop the running game of the West Rebels. The magic formula for stopping their rushing attack has been on display throughout the season in a few of their contests and I imagine that Coach Craney has watched more film this week than Steven Spielberg did throughout his entire movie career!

Looking at the most crucial offensive position (QB), I believe that the edge has to go to the Knox Central Bobcats. Their QB has looked spectacular throughout the season and has a smorgasbord of talent to spread the ball to. It is important to note that the West QB has had a great year; however, the loss of FBS talent at WR early in the season will be the difference in the ball game tonight. It will be close, but I must take the Fountain City Bobcats by 6.

I thought you did a good job here until you got away from the facts in your last paragraph.  Central QB has an 88 QBR.  West has 130+.  So your summary paragraph is devoid of truth except that West wideout has been out all season.

I thought I shared those numbers earlier in the thread.  I think the Alcoa QB may have the highest QBR around.  And the Sevier CO QB compares comparably to Wests.

1 minute ago, Knoxemdown said:

I thought you did a good job here until you got away from the facts in your last paragraph.  Central QB has an 88 QBR.  West has 130+.  So your summary paragraph is devoid of truth except that West wideout has been out all season.

I thought I shared those numbers earlier in the thread.  I think the Alcoa QB may have the highest QBR around.  And the Sevier CO QB compares comparably to Wests.

Is that why it was such a close game? :roflol: