#3 Cleveland @ #2 West Ridge:round 1

WestRidge

33 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Series history between West Ridge and Cleveland:

(well that was quick and easy-peasey)

The closest you can get to a series history is Cleveland wore South out in the semi finals in 93 or 94 (not exactly sure which year it was).  Cleveland was loaded. Won the State 2 or 3 years in a row.  Saw that game. They were impressive.  Hopefully this years Cleveland team is nowhere near that talented.

1 hour ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Pulling hard for West Ridge. After seeing Gerald Sensebaughs post and the DB fans hating on WR I hope WR improves and becomes the new NET 6a power

Didn't see the G.S. post and not sure about DB fans hating on WR. I wish Joey and the Indians the best of luck. They will definitely need it. So would every other team in the State of TN (except Oakland).  I know it's not going to happen but wouldn't it be great to see a DB and WR rematch. Oh well. We can always dream.  We'll just have to wait til next year for round 2 of the new rivalry.

44 minutes ago, 83SouthRebel said:

I must have missed this. What was said and where?? Good luck to Betsy as well!

18 minutes ago, DandDD said:

Didn't see the G.S. post and not sure about DB fans hating on WR. I wish Joey and the Indians the best of luck. They will definitely need it. So would every other team in the State of TN (except Oakland).  I know it's not going to happen but wouldn't it be great to see a DB and WR rematch. Oh well. We can always dream.  We'll just have to wait til next year for round 2 of the new rivalry.

Here is the post. It was from his athletic account (Gerald sensabaugh #43) and shared on his personal account 

Please tell me it isn’t true that we got the 4th seed behind Science Hill, West Ridge, and Jeff County?  

No disrespect but do we really have a local first year program in the same county finishing ahead of us?  

Expectations when it comes to DB football have hit rock bottom.  

Maybe next year we will have more seniors.  

Maryville here we come.  

Roll Tribe.  

The comments were a lot of crying DB fans.

Edited by EHSTrack06

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

I read this past week that one of the West Ridge teams (JV or Middle School) went undefeated and beat DB...so WR may become the dominant 6A power in NE Tennessee... 

A few years ago Ridgeview (feeder school to Boone) went 10-0 and if I recall most of their games were shutouts.  You can only imagine the excitement amongst the Boone faithful.     2 guys from that team ended up playing football in high school.

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

I read this past week that one of the West Ridge teams (JV or Middle School) went undefeated and beat DB...so WR may become the dominant 6A power in NE Tennessee... 

West Ridge JV went undefeated this year and obviously beat SH (I think by 1 point) and also DB. On that team are members of an undefeated Holston MS Team from a couple of years ago and an undefeated Colonial Heights team from last year? (Both those schools now feed into WR High) So yes- I think West Ridge has a couple of more years of good players coming up. The QB from that undefeated Holston team though is now the QB at Boone. 

5 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

So I know nothing about Cleveland other than they play in a tough region. What type offense do they run? Pass alot or more of a ground game or balanced? Who are the play makers? Safe travels to any Cleveland fans coming to the ridge.

They are very balanced. Good RB but their best player is WR #2 Destun Thomas.