TC hosts Tyner

tcjacket13

24 minutes ago, Yeti said:

The loss to Marion on Tyners end allowed them to really make good adjustments when we played them. They looked like a different team and we had a bad game offensively. I'd much rather play Marion again vs Tyner. They are a bigger threat to us if it happens that way. But ill eat my Crow if I'm wrong. Tyner also played Alcoa good for about a quarter and a half whixh is much better than most do. With about 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter Tyner was only down one touchdown. Not many teams can match that. Anyhow This is why games are played on the field and not on paper. 

That is what losses usually do, figure out what you need to do better.  We played as poorly as we could have friday and lost by 3 scores.  If we are 100% I would bet that score might be a little closer, if not then we have no shot, we will be able to tell the next week or so.

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

That is what losses usually do, figure out what you need to do better.  We played as poorly as we could have friday and lost by 3 scores.  If we are 100% I would bet that score might be a little closer, if not then we have no shot, we will be able to tell the next week or so.

My point being though the Tyner team we played most likely fixed a weakness or two that they may not have had against you and the same with us after we played Tyner. We just match up better against you all we knew it going in.

9 minutes ago, Yeti said:

My point being though the Tyner team we played most likely fixed a weakness or two that they may not have had against you and the same with us after we played Tyner. We just match up better against you all we knew it going in.

I agree.  That's why us fans have been wanting a little diversity on offense.  Running it 99% percent of the time works against most teams, but there are a few that will find success stopping the run.  Then it is too late to change things much.

3 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Our first series was as bad as you could ask for. Qb breaks loose and a shoestring tackle with an injury hampers him for the rest of the game. Drop a TD pass and then fumble the snap on a punt at midfield. I'm skeptical that Taye will be ok going forward. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I agree.  That's why us fans have been wanting a little diversity on offense.  Running it 99% percent of the time works against most teams, but there are a few that will find success stopping the run.  Then it is too late to change things much.

If you had our versatility in passing you would have been really hard to beat this year with no injuries. That's what makes us so hard to beat. We really are a good passing team when we need to be. We aren't bad at running either. Not tooting our own horn but I said it before our game on this thread. It's easy to defend either the run or a pass in scheming but it's hard to do both at the same time.

22 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

It’s kind of strange to me that all this disrespect for the coaches from the players and Blake sucks comments are just coming out after Watertown beats y’all???

I didn’t hear a peep of this when y’all were sitting there 8-0 and demolishing Gordy, Smith and Macon.

Judging by the empty seats you had Friday… I would bet it’s a TC fan problem you have… not a coaching issue!

This same coach you guys are downing took you to the semis 2 yrs in a row!! 

It's always been an issue I don't think Blake sucks. He is just not into coaching as a long-term career. The issues between Blake and the parents of the players have been an issue. Everyone doesn't know or discuss the issues. Even when Blake was named the head coach not everyone was happy. Clint isn't liked or loved by all TC fans. Most feel he controls and runs too much in TC. I don't agree with any of this. Two semis with no gold balls means nothing to most TC fans. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Be interesting if Marion and TC were able to play then.  Wouldn’t be a pass thrown all night!  Game might only take 2 hours to play! I was driving to a preseason scrimmage and the Trousdale broadcast was going over season stats for 2020. Jackets had 3,000 something yards rushing and 300 some odd passing. Pass happy teams get 300 in one game!   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Sorry Tyner and TC folks for robbing your thread. To be fair it started out about yall.:roflol:

You can have it im sure this will be TC's last thread for this season. I hope I am wrong but I think Blake has lost the team. 

2 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Be interesting if Marion and TC were able to play then.  Wouldn’t be a pass thrown all night!  Game might only take 2 hours to play! I was driving to a preseason scrimmage and the Trousdale broadcast was going over season stats for 2020. Jackets had 3,000 something yards rushing and 300 some odd passing. Pass happy teams get 300 in one game!   

That's the biggest issue before the starting QB was hurt he could throw the ball all over the field. Passing is how we beat Friendship and ever since the first game. But TC IS 8-1 but having a passing game would have kept teams from having 11 in the box. 

36 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

It’s kind of strange to me that all this disrespect for the coaches from the players and Blake sucks comments are just coming out after Watertown beats y’all???

I didn’t hear a peep of this when y’all were sitting there 8-0 and demolishing Gordy, Smith and Macon.

Judging by the empty seats you had Friday… I would bet it’s a TC fan problem you have… not a coaching issue!

This same coach you guys are downing took you to the semis 2 yrs in a row!! 

Hard to believe an undefeated team has all this  discord going on isn't it!

• CoachT locked this topic