Bearden open

HTV

First time head coach has to start somewhere.  Rarely do 1st time HC's get handed a squad loaded with talent.  It's tough everywhere for first timers.  But here's the real elephant in the room.  Let's say Bearden, Harding Valley or whoever have a great year for them, say, 7-3, make the playoffs.  Guess what, you're done in round 1 or 2 for certain.  Murvil is waiting.   So, really the best they can possibly do is 1st rd playoff win.  That's their ceiling.  Same for every team in E. Tn 6A.  Sad but true

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

First time head coach has to start somewhere.  Rarely do 1st time HC's get handed a squad loaded with talent.  It's tough everywhere for first timers.  But here's the real elephant in the room.  Let's say Bearden, Harding Valley or whoever have a great year for them, say, 7-3, make the playoffs.  Guess what, you're done in round 1 or 2 for certain.  Murvil is waiting.   So, really the best they can possibly do is 1st rd playoff win.  That's their ceiling.  Same for every team in E. Tn 6A.  Sad but true

Yes and many "proven" head coaches with experience may see that and say thanks but no thanks. I'm sure the facilities are great and they could be moderately successful - why leave a 6A in another part of the state or a local 3-4-5A job to coach a 6A team where the ceiling is a quarterfinal loss to Maryville? That is why I see HVA and BHS going with someone without HC experience trying to prove themselves as a first-time HC.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, FHSAlum12 said:

Yes and many "proven" head coaches with experience may see that and say thanks but no thanks. I'm sure the facilities are great and they could be moderately successful - why leave a 6A in another part of the state or a local 3-4-5A job to coach a 6A team where the ceiling is a quarterfinal loss to Maryville? That is why I see HVA and BHS going with someone without HC experience trying to prove themselves as a first-time HC.

It seems like this thread is dying out. OR is hot right now with anticipation of who will be the next HC. HVA has got their big splash hire. Will BHS be able to get a HC before school is out for the semester and get started on 2022? New HC will need to hire a staff, watch film to evaluate players returning, get started in the weight room, get settleted in with parents, and  the all important  boosters and supporters. BHS plays OR and HVA next year. Will they be able to stay ahead of both programs? Has the administration at BHS and downtown put the brakes on the  BHS booster club with all their big time HC canditates and their financial packages for the future HC.

58 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

It seems like this thread is dying out. OR is hot right now with anticipation of who will be the next HC. HVA has got their big splash hire. Will BHS be able to get a HC before school is out for the semester and get started on 2022? New HC will need to hire a staff, watch film to evaluate players returning, get started in the weight room, get settleted in with parents, and  the all important  boosters and supporters. BHS plays OR and HVA next year. Will they be able to stay ahead of both programs? Has the administration at BHS and downtown put the brakes on the  BHS booster club with all their big time HC canditates and their financial packages for the future HC.

I am sure that Bearden is in no rush to get this done IMO. I missed on this thread last week thinking Miner was headed to BHS but figured he would be a HC before too long. This Bearden search is much quieter than I assumed it would be. One interesting note is that BHS knew before the season was over that their HC was stepping down according to an article that interviewed the AD. Hard to believe there hasn't been more movement. At the end of the day, football matters some places and doesn't other placed.

Edited by FHSAlum12
I had something else to say.

33 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

I am sure that Bearden is in no rush to get this done IMO. I missed on this thread last week thinking Miner was headed to BHS but figured he would be a HC before too long. This Bearden search is much quieter than I assumed it would be. One interesting note is that BHS knew before the season was over that their HC was stepping down according to an article that interviewed the AD. Hard to believe there hasn't been more movement. At the end of the day, football matters some places and doesn't other placed.

I have a feeling that they are waiting to see if another domino falls before making an offer.  

2 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Have they even conducted an interview?

2 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Have they even conducted an interview?

You know a lot of times you will see principals in Knox county hiring coaches they have a relationship with, like out at HVA. I think the HVA principal and OR DC knew each other. You could probably find more examples in Knox county, l do know of several. Maybe in the case of BHS administration they have someone in mind that matches up with who they know and what the booster club will support.  On the other hand many assistant FBC get hired because the principal or adminstration has worked  with that assistant as both teacher and coach. I think there are still many possibilities in the works for BHS.