Huntland parent vs. Huntland coaches post game

gypsyroad

I've heard gossip from Elora.  I won't repeat it.  Don't think this kind of thing only happens at Huntland.  I bet it's everywhere.

Drama is not helpful.  We should not enjoy it.  A few adults never learn to handle emotions and deal with problems in a productive way.  When we see bad fan/parent/coach/player behavior it's easy to lump the entire community as being like that.  It's not the truth.   Most folk are decent.

We all need to set a better example.  We all need to handle problems in a mature way and to have difficult conversations in private.  Problems that continue or are serious should be handled via the propper channels.  We don't always get our way.  Life is not fair.  The world can be a harsh teacher.  We are making poor choices when our lives look like an episode of Jerry Springer!  Let's try to do better.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, GreatTiger said:

I've heard gossip from Elora.  I won't repeat it.  Don't think this kind of thing only happens at Huntland.  I bet it's everywhere.

Drama is not helpful.  We should not enjoy it.  A few adults never learn to handle emotions and deal with problems in a productive way.  When we see bad fan/parent/coach/player behavior it's easy to lump the entire community as being like that.  It's not the truth.   Most folk are decent.

We all need to set a better example.  We all need to handle problems in a mature way and to have difficult conversations in private.  Problems that continue or are serious should be handled via the propper channels.  We don't always get our way.  Life is not fair.  The world can be a harsh teacher.  We are making poor choices when our lives look like an episode of Jerry Springer!  Let's try to do better.  

This post nails it. When parents act like fools, it is no wonder that players do too. 

1 hour ago, GreatTiger said:

We all need to set a better example.  We all need to handle problems in a mature way and to have difficult conversations in private.  Problems that continue or are serious should be handled via the proper channels.  We don't always get our way.  Life is not fair.  The world can be a harsh teacher.  We are making poor choices when our lives look like an episode of Jerry Springer!  Let's try to do better.  

Great post, well said.

54 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The credibility of the parent's side of the argument takes a hit if it escalates into police intervention. There's always a wrong way to do the right thing, and if the parent was in the right to question something done by the coaches, it could have been better handled not in the heat of the moment.

At least he waited until the season was over to unload but it's never a good idea for either side to have a confrontation right after the game. We had a similar situation in 2018 during the last game of the season. Coach tried to make a player do bear crawls on the sideline during a game for a BS reason. Parent ended up hollering at the coach and the senior walked off the field and didn't play in the playoffs. He was 100% justified from my point of view. 

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The credibility of the parent's side of the argument takes a hit if it escalates into police intervention. There's always a wrong way to do the right thing, and if the parent was in the right to question something done by the coaches, it could have been better handled not in the heat of the moment.

What if the escalation was brought on by a coach shoving the parent? Thats a different line to cross. 

Bad seasons cause alot of frustrations for all involved. I don't know any coaches that are trying to lose and I don't know any parent that likes seeing their child not get a chance. There's also not many correctly ran programs that allow the players to take the field with different color helmets.....lol. Great season Orange, keep up the excellent program....