Trousdale at Meigs County

tcjacket13

2 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Talked to my Meigs guy tonight and making plans for the trip to Decatur. Talk was keys to the game?
The thought was who’s got the best defense?  I got to watch some film of both teams and here’s what I think. The front line of Meigs with 19 and 8 are as good as you see in 2A. #1 is quick as lightening. All excellent with contain and shedding blocks. In the middle #12 is a rock solid stud that’s just nasty. Had double didget tackles vs Tyner.  The secondary is very talented. #3 and #15 are tough as they come.  Playmakers. I watched the Meigs film when they played Marion and Tyner.
 Trousdale front is solid with 50 and 55 and 52 and 63 and 99 looking to be the top Dawgs. Inside 40 and 6  I believe are very instinctive. 6 has good speed and a  nasty streak. Not as good as Meigs inside but very solid.

The back 4 of TC are fast and physical.  Very similar to Meigs.   With all that I give a slight edge to the Meigs defense.Plus they are playing at Home.  Thoughts and picks?   

55 is the top-dog on defense for TC. #40 is not a starter he plays but doesn't start. #6 Cole is a very good Sophomore on both sides of the ball. I wouldn't call him fast compared to the great TC speed but he doesn't get caught when he breaks long rubs for the most part. It's a good assignment of TC defense. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Yeti said:

We got a Mr Football candidate that is a punt returner, reciever/db and also a crazy good punter. He's great all all those positions. Not to mention #2 and #8. I'd put against anyone as well. We have alot of talent this year all over the field. Should be a great game if you have that kind of talent as well. One thing I love about Meigs is video doesn't do us justice. It never has. @vandyfan1 can attest to that from last year.

We all know Mr football for 2A has been wrapped up since the first game. The media made that decision a long time ago. No way the 1 recruit in the country at QB isn't winning that reward. 

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Run right, run left….Get ready to see a lot of this for both sides. Difference is Meigs has the cats upfront to make it happen. Tigers by 14. I’m just keeping it real

Meigs Didn't run it on Tyner at all.

Barely did anything offensively besides the trick play. 

What was the difference in Hartsville? 

Edited by Tiger2

1 hour ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Run right, run left….Get ready to see a lot of this for both sides. Difference is Meigs has the cats upfront to make it happen. Tigers by 14. I’m just keeping it real

I heard from an anonymous inside source (Tiger Pants) that Meigs was in fact not going to run the QB to the left on the first play of the game but rather instead use a trick play they have been working on all year just for this game against TC in quarter-finals.

Wait a minute this isn't the quarter-finals. TC ran into some problems but that anonymous source said he still plans to pull out that trick play on Meigs first offensive possession.

The source also said if they win the toss and defer they might even start off the game with one of them onside kicks.

6 hours ago, RTD said:

Lol I’m not Blake not even close. I seen your team last year and just from some of the games I have seen like the Meigs vs Tyner I see certain players on Meigs that will have an issue on defense. Some kids just have stiff hips and if (a big if) TC can get on the outside we will have a speed advantage. But first TC has to win up front on both sides of the ball. TC is built on speed for the most part but they will test out that middle of the defense. There is no secret to what TC does best and what they like to do on offense. But every time we have played Meigs you'll get a look from TC offense that they haven't shown all year.

Well hopefully we're up to the challenge. And yeah, your coaches have been sneaky with play calling I'd agree lol.

6 hours ago, RTD said:

We all know Mr football for 2A has been wrapped up since the first game. The media made that decision a long time ago. No way the 1 recruit in the country at QB isn't winning that reward. 

It wouldn't be a surprise at all if the Westview qb won it. Only saying to be nominated already makes it known you are a good football player.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Meigs Didn't run it on Tyner at all.

Barely did anything offensively besides the trick play. 

What was the difference in Hartsville? 

Preparing for Meigs from watching the Tyner game will get you beat. There are some who can attest to that as well.

5 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I heard from an anonymous inside source (Tiger Pants) that Meigs was in fact not going to run the QB to the left on the first play of the game but rather instead use a trick play they have been working on all year just for this game against TC in quarter-finals.

Wait a minute this isn't the quarter-finals. TC ran into some problems but that anonymous source said he still plans to pull out that trick play on Meigs first offensive possession.

The source also said if they win the toss and defer they might even start off the game with one of them onside kicks.

Heard #15 was gonna have some passing yards again lol.