Rematch - Jo Byrns @ Gordonsville

croz6110

JB surprised a few by beating Whitwell soundly tonight. 

They'll travel back to Turney Ford field where Gville beat them previously 48-6. 

We rested several last night, and I don't know their status this week. If they sit, the game might be a little closer, but I still fully expect a Gville win. They may not have the talent, but I like JB's coaching staff. 

Well I don't think there's much to talk about here given the 48-6 beatdown in the first matchup a month ago.  With that said, it was good to see JB get a win in the playoffs after getting bounced by SP in round 1 the past 2 years.  It's the first road playoff win for JB since 2010 when we beat Perry County in the semifinals to go the championship game.  As I've said all year, we're better than we were last year but just not good enough to compete with the top teams.  But I'm happy for the players to get the playoff win.  It's more than a lot of recent JB teams can say.

JB is just 2-7 all-time against Gordonsville and their last win was in 2015.  The past few games haven't been close and I don't expect this one to be either but who knows...maybe we can keep it respectable.

A quick side note...with last weeks playoff win JB coach Tom Adkins has won a playoff game in 4 straight decades (every decade he has coached).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOTO24 said:

Well I don't think there's much to talk about here given the 48-6 beatdown in the first matchup a month ago.  With that said, it was good to see JB get a win in the playoffs after getting bounced by SP in round 1 the past 2 years.  It's the first road playoff win for JB since 2010 when we beat Perry County in the semifinals to go the championship game.  As I've said all year, we're better than we were last year but just not good enough to compete with the top teams.  But I'm happy for the players to get the playoff win.  It's more than a lot of recent JB teams can say.

JB is just 2-7 all-time against Gordonsville and their last win was in 2015.  The past few games haven't been close and I don't expect this one to be either but who knows...maybe we can keep it respectable.

A quick side note...with last weeks playoff win JB coach Tom Adkins has won a playoff game in 4 straight decades (every decade he has coached).

Good stuff

I’ve watched the Gordy and Clay game multiple times now and for some reason Gordy just didn’t look like Gordy in that game.  Maybe it’s just me.  Maybe CC has improved but I don’t see that much either.  With that said, don’t be surprised if JB goes up 7-0 quickly in the first quarter.  I’ve been wrong before though so don’t count on me lol.  Good luck to both teams.  

4 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I’ve watched the Gordy and Clay game multiple times now and for some reason Gordy just didn’t look like Gordy in that game.  Maybe it’s just me.  Maybe CC has improved but I don’t see that much either.  With that said, don’t be surprised if JB goes up 7-0 quickly in the first quarter.  I’ve been wrong before though so don’t count on me lol.  Good luck to both teams.  

Clay County is a good football team and if your bunch will get beat if they are not respecting the Bulldogs!

4 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Clay County is a good football team and if your bunch will get beat if they are not respecting the Bulldogs!

Nah, the team hasn’t done that all year long.  They have in the past but this years team has been through some adversity unlike before and it has made them more humble. That was just my opinion only.  

5 minutes ago, powerp said:

SP can be summed up by this:

Above average skill players 

Below average O Line

Above average D Line

Slightly above average secondary

Should be a good test tomorrow night.

Above average skill players alone will give everyone in the East a lot of problems including Clay Co and Gordy. SP is one play away from pay dirt every time they snap the ball