Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I will mention another coach that would be worth a call and conversation with is Gary Rankin. Alcoa fans are like rabid dogs foaming at the mouth wanting Nix as their head coach rather sooner than later. Rankin is a young man at heart and knows what to do to turn the program into a winner. Gary needs to realize the fans there are spoiled and don't appreciate what he has brought to the program. It's great to stay safe and bag all those trophies for a very financially funded small school playing teams that are poor as Jobe's turkey. All those wins will never be looked up too in the long run because most people will consider it going on a hunting trip at the local zoo. I say move on over to Oak Ridge where you'll be wanted plus those two school board members with the chapped butts can finally get some relief.

Nix will get snatched away soon if something doesnt change

19 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Rankin is gonna retire at Alcoa, has too good of a thing to leave. I do think OR would benefit in talking to him. Oakland interviewed him for their opening in 2007. While most people assumed it was gauge his own interest, he referred Oakland to a former assistant of his that immediately turned things around and laid the foundation for the program they have today. Maybe OR having a conversation with him points them to a coach they haven't really considered

Five different sources have told me the next two games are his last at Alcoa for Nix to stay. We'll just have to wait and see. Maybe after hearing from a good source yesterday the inmates are running the prison over at Oak Ridge not the other way around. Coach Rankin knows how to straighten that type problem out fast. Because it's been such a long time and most of the younger generation have little knowledge but Alcoa suffered the same faith. Except for 88 and 89 most of the 80's and all of the 90's this was a big reason Alcoa didn't produce the product on the field that they do now. Had a big reason previous coaches got out of there first chance possible. A lot of Alcoa fans don't like Rankin because he cracks the whip hard to stay on top of that situation. If you don't call an exterminator once a month you'll wake up one night and turn on the light and see a couple of roach bugs high tailing it back to their hiding hole and that is what Rankin does best is control the roaches. That's why I say either offer him the job or bring him in and help you find the next qualified man to get that program under control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A Great Big Roll Wildcats Roll goes out today to former Oak Ridge Wildcat TOMMY KACZOCHA! 

Tommy retired from Professional Football in Finland. He was the defensive MVP on the National Finish Championship team last season.

I saw him play on the Internet three times and Tommy was a fun loving beast. Best of luck Tommy and win in life.

Well Gary Rankin was on WVLT  Sports tonight saying rumors fly every year that this is his last year and he said he plans on coaching a few more years Lord willing. What he didn't say was anything about it being at Alcoa. Go online and watch it. Barney says someone is fixing to get a hall of fame coach locally and I hope it's Oak Ridge.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well Gary Rankin was on WVLT  Sports tonight saying rumors fly every year that this is his last year and he said he plans on coaching a few more years Lord willing. What he didn't say was anything about it being at Alcoa. Go online and watch it. Barney says someone is fixing to get a hall of fame coach locally and I hope it's Oak Ridge.

Not that Rankin isn’t a great coach, he most definitely is, but if he only plans on coaching “a few more years” I doubt the powers that be would be willing to pull the strings on hiring him. OR at this point is looking for a guy with a long term commitment in sight, I would think, not to mention quite a bit younger than ole Gare Bear.