Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah he just got 300 bench.  Not uncommon for a team with a good S & C coach to have over a dozen guys benching 300.  

Especially linemen.  Just an anecdote:  when my son was a senior, his squat (425 at 167 bw) was the 2nd heaviest lift on the team.  There is definitely room for improvement in the SC area.

19 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

Especially linemen.  Just an anecdote:  when my son was a senior, his squat (425 at 167 bw) was the 2nd heaviest lift on the team.  There is definitely room for improvement in the SC area.

Dang...that's impressive.

I tried to squat 250 at the gym the other night (with a 250 bw) and nearly shat myself. Then had to walk out of the gym hunched over like a coal-miner.

• Upvote 1

There was a lot of stuff going around everything concerning the OL and DL the last two seasons. Too bad Coach Gaddis waa brought into it on CoachT. 

The good thing is the new Coach has been made aware of this problem and he will make sure the Weight Program is closely monitored by himself.

Plus, we have some good looking linemen in the pipeline coming up. I predict the days of weak OL is just about over.