Science Hill Football Changes - time has come

Rbel4life

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I bet the coaching staffs at Elizabethton and Greeneville make less than the coaching staff at Science Hill and DB. 

Would Science Hill be willing to pay the head coach $150,000 and both the OC and DC $90,000 and them have very few academic teaching responsibilities?  I ask this question because I have not seen any Tennessee public schools willing to take it to the next level like Texas, Georgia or Florida.

46 minutes ago, cbg said:

Would Science Hill be willing to pay the head coach $150,000 and both the OC and DC $90,000 and them have very few academic teaching responsibilities?  I ask this question because I have not seen any Tennessee public schools willing to take it to the next level like Texas, Georgia or Florida.

No public school in TN is going to pay that. Your talking about states where a bunch of the programs fill out college size stadiums. Easy to come up with the money when you can get 10-20,000 people to show up. TN doesn't get that even for a title game

58 minutes ago, cbg said:

I would bet that the SHHS HC doesn’t teach any “tough classes” and I would also bet that he makes close to, if not right at $100k. Johnson Coty schools pays very well, compared to most schools systems in TN. 

1 hour ago, cbg said:

It doesn't matter what they do in Texas, Georgia and Florida. The teams in each state play for state championships within their own state. Nobody plays for a national championship. I'm sure there are a lot of states that pay less than Tennessee. A lot of factors figure in. The question should be how much do you pay a coach that can't get the job done. And do you keep that coach in his job until he decides to retire on his own. 

40 minutes ago, Rbel4life said:

I would bet that the SHHS HC doesn’t teach any “tough classes” and I would also bet that he makes close to, if not right at $100k. Johnson Coty schools pays very well, compared to most schools systems in TN. 

As you know the difference between $150k and right at $100k is $50k or 1/3 increase in salary.  That in itself is a lot of money.  Again, is Science Hill willing to pay what it cost to turn the program around and win a state championship?  Personally I have yet to see a public high school in Tennessee willing to do what it takes when it comes to paying salaries.  Keep in mind that in Florida, Texas and Georgia the school system pays a portion of the salary and often times booster clubs pay a portion of the salary.  

On 11/8/2021 at 4:02 AM, Rbel4life said:

The football program at SHHS seems to be stagnant under HC Stacy Carter.  Has he been there long enough? He was hired back in 2010, and while it may seem like he has had a lot of success at SHHS, it also seems like the fans  (or what fans are left) are tired of the •Stacy Carter Show• … just an observation.  The football program at SHHS will never be able to compete with the big 6A schools in Knoxville with Carter as their leader, sadly he has proven that   Carter seems to be a great guy, but his knowledge of the game seems to be less than what is needed for 6A football  

This football program will need a new leader, a new Head Coach prior to kickoff in the 2022 season, or they’ll be losing even more players to Betsy, Crockett, Boone, Bristol, WestRidge, and anywhere else people can get to … to get away from the •Stacy Carter Show•

So, It is time! Will SC read the writing on the wall, and hear the fans in the stands? Or Will the admin have to put pressure on SC to leave? 

Thoughts? 

It's one game. Lick your wounds and get back in the weightroom. My Bears are about to do the same. Get the basketballs out!

4 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It doesn't matter what they do in Texas, Georgia and Florida. The teams in each state play for state championships within their own state. Nobody plays for a national championship. I'm sure there are a lot of states that pay less than Tennessee. A lot of factors figure in. The question should be how much do you pay a coach that can't get the job done. And do you keep that coach in his job until he decides to retire on his own. 

Why not just say NO Science Hill is not willing or does not have the resources to pay the head coach $150k and both the OC & DC 90k each season like they do in other states.  The fact is most schools would not have those type of resources.

44 minutes ago, Rbel4life said:

If he makes close to $100k that would be a waste of about $50k. But he probably gets a $50k bonus for beating DB every year. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, cbg said:

Why not just say NO Science Hill is not willing or does not have the resources to pay the head coach $150k and both the OC & DC 90k each season like they do in other states.  The fact is most schools would not have those type of resources.

They would be stupid to pay that kind of money when they could get a coaching staff capable of winning state championships for a lot less. They do it at Maryville, Oakland, Greeneville and Elizabethton. Again, It doesn't matter what happens in other states. You're playing for state championships in the state of Tennessee. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

No public school in TN is going to pay that. Your talking about states where a bunch of the programs fill out college size stadiums. Easy to come up with the money when you can get 10-20,000 people to show up. TN doesn't get that even for a title game

Tn used to get that easily for title games back in the day and even big playoff games. For a variety of reasons such as more schools, different zones, more classes, pub/private split, that is not possible today, especially with the location of the title game in a non central location. 

2 hours ago, cbg said:

Most people in TN don't understand this my man. The days of coaches making 40-50k and still expecting to teach classes and having an elite football program are over, and until the state catches up, we will be behind other states in the aspect of football on the national level

• Upvote 1