Class 1A favorites

Mottomotto

14 hours ago, Waker said:

You whine more than anyone on here. I agree with bobcat….Keep lame, small minded politics off coach T. 

I challenge either one of you to find a post of me whining about anything. I state facts which is hard for some people these days to comprehend. They get facts mixed up with fiction snd then believe it to be truth. Just keeping it real brother ;) 

On 11/24/2021 at 7:58 PM, 90warrior said:

Clay co will win state this year! Go spivey!

I watched Clay County play at Jackson County last night and what a great game. Strong is too good for any Class A/AA/AAA teams to match up against. He dropped 44 on a good Cumberland County team the other night. He had as much last night or close to it. Clay is loaded with several really good players very good bench and role players. Spivey was solid last night especially on defense. Jackson County is no joke this year. This is the best JC team I’ve seen since back when I coached and we made it to the state tournament. Coach Thomas does an excellent job and I am excited to see how far they can go. Will be a great matchup between them and York. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

On 11/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, UCSportsFan said:

No negativity towards any child that plays this game.  It’s the adults that do the shady stuff. I have zero hate for any person no matter what or who they are.  Memphis has been caught time and again but T$$AA refuses to do anything. What about Pennys shuttle where they were driving all over the city to pick up kids to go to East?  Let’s start there. Or the fact that Wiseman illegally transferred and his college team paid the price for it. I’m just getting warmed up…

Wiseman didn't illegally transfer. His family took money to make a move. The transfer was completely legal. 

If you know about all of this stuff and you're not turning it into the TSSAA then you're whinning. You don't complain about anyone but Memphis/Shelby County. 

You're just getting warmed up huh? Please bless us with all the knowledge you have about all of the illegal activity that surrounds basketball in Memphis/Shelby County. If you refuse to do it here after claiming you're, "just getting warmed up" then you're blowing smoke and are a coward. 

If you have proof then turn it in or shut up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Wiseman didn't illegally transfer. His family took money to make a move. The transfer was completely legal. 

If you know about all of this stuff and you're not turning it into the TSSAA then you're whinning. You don't complain about anyone but Memphis/Shelby County. 

You're just getting warmed up huh? Please bless us with all the knowledge you have about all of the illegal activity that surrounds basketball in Memphis/Shelby County. If you refuse to do it here after claiming you're, "just getting warmed up" then you're blowing smoke and are a coward. 

If you have proof then turn it in or shut up. 

It does not matter whether we have proof or not it’s Memphis! TSSAA isn’t going to do a thing they won’t investigate they won’t do anything they never do they never have they never will.  MAHS had kids playing in the state tournament last year that didn’t even play in the District Tournament 2 weeks prior and that is FACT!  So don’t start all this stuff about doing an investigation and turn it in because nothing ever happens we all know why it is what it is. I am not complaining I am just stating facts that’s it I don’t root against any child or any team I just root for our home teams! Y’all have a nice day

Edited by UCSportsFan

15 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

It does not matter whether we have proof or not it’s Memphis! TSSAA isn’t going to do a thing they won’t investigate they won’t do anything they never do they never have they never will.  MAHS had kids playing in the state tournament last year that didn’t even play in the District Tournament 2 weeks prior and that is FACT!  So don’t start all this stuff about doing an investigation and turn it in because nothing ever happens we all know why it is what it is. I am not complaining I am just stating facts that’s it I don’t root against any child or any team I just root for our home teams! Y’all have a nice day

They gone transfer regardless and it’s nothing for you to do about it but get on this message board to whine and complain. 

5 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

They gone transfer regardless and it’s nothing for you to do about it but get on this message board to whine and complain. 

Not complaining about it at all. They can transfer all they want this year. None of them played last year. That’s why I said any team out of Memphis that makes it to the state is the favorite in Class A. Way to much talent down there for them not to be. 

On 11/27/2021 at 8:46 AM, UCSportsFan said:

I watched Clay County play at Jackson County last night and what a great game. Strong is too good for any Class A/AA/AAA teams to match up against. He dropped 44 on a good Cumberland County team the other night. He had as much last night or close to it. Clay is loaded with several really good players very good bench and role players. Spivey was solid last night especially on defense. Jackson County is no joke this year. This is the best JC team I’ve seen since back when I coached and we made it to the state tournament. Coach Thomas does an excellent job and I am excited to see how far they can go. Will be a great matchup between them and York. 

Clay County will be tough as always. I noticed Hampton's schedule on Coach T says that we are coming to Clay on Dec 20th to play Jackson Co at 4:30 and then Clay at 7:30?? I like that our coach has decided to come down and play you all to see where we're at this year however I hope Coach T is wrong and we get to play Jackson and Clay on different nights. That would be tough playing Clay right after playing Jackson Co. Either way this could be the first of two meetings between Hampton and Clay before this year is over:thumb:

7 hours ago, dogtruth said:

Clay County will be tough as always. I noticed Hampton's schedule on Coach T says that we are coming to Clay on Dec 20th to play Jackson Co at 4:30 and then Clay at 7:30?? I like that our coach has decided to come down and play you all to see where we're at this year however I hope Coach T is wrong and we get to play Jackson and Clay on different nights. That would be tough playing Clay right after playing Jackson Co. Either way this could be the first of two meetings between Hampton and Clay before this year is over:thumb:

Yeah that would be very hard to try and play both of these teams in one day.  Two very good teams. Your coach is definitely looking to test his players as both teams are good. I’ll definitely try to make the games and watch Hampton play!

23 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Yeah that would be very hard to try and play both of these teams in one day.  Two very good teams. Your coach is definitely looking to test his players as both teams are good. I’ll definitely try to make the games and watch Hampton play!

Good deal. Unfortunately I won't be making the trip down to Clay County to watch those games. It's during our Christmas break and I'll be out of town. As you probably already know, Hampton is playing in the state championship football game for 2a next Saturday. We've got about four that play basketball on the football team, so not sure if they'll be in  basketball shape by December 20th. Anyway we have some huge players this year and we also want to play up tempo full court for the entire game. I'll be curious to hear your take on Hampton. This should be one of our better teams but we may not look the part on December 20th.

1 hour ago, dogtruth said:

Good deal. Unfortunately I won't be making the trip down to Clay County to watch those games. It's during our Christmas break and I'll be out of town. As you probably already know, Hampton is playing in the state championship football game for 2a next Saturday. We've got about four that play basketball on the football team, so not sure if they'll be in  basketball shape by December 20th. Anyway we have some huge players this year and we also want to play up tempo full court for the entire game. I'll be curious to hear your take on Hampton. This should be one of our better teams but we may not look the part on December 20th.

I’ll definitely let you know how I think they matchup. It might be asking a lot for them to be in basketball shape by then but as we know it’s all a pout how you’re playing in February that counts. Hampton always seems to have some great teams year in and year out. Where do all the athletes come from? lol

59 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’ll definitely let you know how I think they matchup. It might be asking a lot for them to be in basketball shape by then but as we know it’s all a pout how you’re playing in February that counts. Hampton always seems to have some great teams year in and year out. Where do all the athletes come from? lol

I'm sure the same as Clay with our players. We have really good feeder programs from youth club through Middle School. These players usually start playing basketball when they start kindergarten LOL.