Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Don't think that will be an issue at all with this family, will do what they got to do. It's just a big gamble on their part thinking that there is a sign hanging off the football stadium saying Quarterback Wanted. In my opinion that is one position I have never worried about at Maryville for over 25 years. Name me a bad quarterback in all that time, you can't. Super great coaching bar none. No other school in this state has produced the talent on a regular basis as Maryville in this 25 year time period, none. I know after losing a great player like Carson Jones many think the sky is falling but take my words it isn't. Derek Hunt could take a kid walking down the hallway at school and make a quarterback out of them if they had the athletic skill.

Tells us more about how murvul does not recruit and plays with their own! .......new word of the day in murvul....... "hypocrite" !:thumb:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GovMan said:

I hate it just as much for basketball.  He would have been a solid piece of a WB team that might be the team to beat in their district next year.  Govs B-ball will still be upper tier in this area, but you're losing a kid who just set the all-time single game scoring record a couple of weeks ago.  Ouch.

He can go back for basketball. It’s the new normal…open portals. 

18 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

From what I hear there were some folks at William Blount that wasn't very happy about the home schooling situation. That position always has and always will have it's on special bit of drama with it no matter where you go.

This… is true. 
“They” thought if WB was good enough to play football for, it is good enough to attend. 
Cannot disagree. 

25 minutes ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

Same as I have heard.

But also hearing there may be a new QB from AlaBam that is just as big as Jones and has experience equal to Clemmer that is entristed in being a Rebel. 

Maybe the Bama kid can play PG!?!

Such situations are one reason most parents don’t make these decisions on a whim. Most every parent wants what they think is best for their kid. They’re sometimes right and sometimes not.

I think he will help.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:20 PM, BroadwayBarberShop said:

Same as I have heard.

But also hearing there may be a new QB from AlaBam that is just as big as Jones and has experience equal to Clemmer that is entristed in being a Rebel. 

Forrest Gump football game scene on Make a GIF

He's headed to Alcoa.....just needs to cut the "tail" off the "A"...................

image.png.054fae545cfbb3f222721ad229aef8a8.png

Edited by BCsportsfan