Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

6 hours ago, etcoach said:

Now Mr. Sox........if you  want us to succeed so much....why would you want to take our QB away from us?  Seems contradictory.  

Sorry when I saw that it was to big of apple not to take a bite out of. Hopefully all these new jobs coming may be able to help both county school systems football programs. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

Well I just got the call I was fearing. The Clemmers will be transferring out of wb. Matthew will enroll at mhs and become the starting qb there. Best of luck to him ! 

Nathan will play 3 sports at eagleton starting next year. Good luck to him as well. Great kids and great family 

If this was true, he would have to earn the starting spot.

2 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

Well I just got the call I was fearing. The Clemmers will be transferring out of wb. Matthew will enroll at mhs and become the starting qb there. Best of luck to him ! 

Nathan will play 3 sports at eagleton starting next year. Good luck to him as well. Great kids and great family 

Don't know what to tell you Willie B. If someone wasn't just shooting the bull it sounded as if WB was getting a transfer from somewhere else which I hope is true if this is the case. I think the Clemmer kid has some good tools to be a good QB and I've said a few times during the year he needs some good help on the side and he could really be good. To say he'll be the starting QB at Maryville this year might be jumping the gun a little because the two that are there right now are just as good and never been on a 1-9 team or never lost 9 games in their whole career combined between them.

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

If this was true, he would have to earn the starting spot.

So is he not a home schooled kid?  That's what I have been told. If he's not i sit corrected. If he is, I don't see how he would be eligible without a physical move in to another district. 

7 hours ago, HTV said:

So is he not a home schooled kid?  That's what I have been told. If he's not i sit corrected. If he is, I don't see how he would be eligible without a physical move in to another district. 

Don't think that will be an issue at all with this family, will do what they got to do. It's just a big gamble on their part thinking that there is a sign hanging off the football stadium saying Quarterback Wanted. In my opinion that is one position I have never worried about at Maryville for over 25 years. Name me a bad quarterback in all that time, you can't. Super great coaching bar none. No other school in this state has produced the talent on a regular basis as Maryville in this 25 year time period, none. I know after losing a great player like Carson Jones many think the sky is falling but take my words it isn't. Derek Hunt could take a kid walking down the hallway at school and make a quarterback out of them if they had the athletic skill.

I hate it just as much for basketball.  He would have been a solid piece of a WB team that might be the team to beat in their district next year.  Govs B-ball will still be upper tier in this area, but you're losing a kid who just set the all-time single game scoring record a couple of weeks ago.  Ouch.

• Like 1