Round 3: Oneida vs Hampton

Spike016

33 minutes ago, crow said:

I’m not gonna try to lie about it I didn’t think we had a shot at getting past round 1 when the season started. This team and this staff have greatly exceeded my expectations. We’re playing better as time passes and honestly we’re on house money right now. We didn’t get a single top 10 vote all year. Not in the AP, not in the coaches and not in any coachT users poll. I told yeti in his 2A top 10 thread to carve us out a top 10 spot after the first few games and possibly with a little luck a top 5 was possible. Well there’s 8 left and we’re one of them with a chance to be one of the last 4 playing. Just hope both teams play well so neither side has to wonder what if. 

You,ve been all over the map,hard to put a team that beats wartburg by 7 in the top ten. Then you turn around and beat Monterey and SG, Thats much more like a top 10.

The one great part about this quarter final is that either Hampton or Oneida will be in the Semis. A mutual respect had been established between both teams. Don't get me wrong both will be enemies during the game but both will shake hands after and pull for one another the following week and for that matter throughout the journey that we call life. 

Edited by dogtruth

6 hours ago, pujo said:

You,ve been all over the map,hard to put a team that beats wartburg by 7 in the top ten. Then you turn around and beat Monterey and SG, Thats much more like a top 10.

Yep, everyone that’s saw us in person has said the same thing, this team could be special, they just got to decide if they’re gonna be or not. So far when the chips are down they’ve played very well, hopefully they continue that trend. No more room for a slow start or an off week now though. Better make it count. 

8 hours ago, dogtruth said:

The one great part about this quarter final is that either Hampton or Oneida will be in the Semis. A mutual respect had been established between both teams. Don't get me wrong both will be enemies during the game but both will shake hands after and pull for one another the following week and for that matter throughout the journey that we call life. 

Good post as usual.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Really not seen any predictions from anyone, Most seem to think it will be a very good game. Lopsided wins in this game don't happen very often.

I don't think it's being disrespectful to think Hampton will win.  Everyone could pick coalfield over us by 3tds and it wouldn't bother me.  What we say and what happens on the field are 2 very different things.  

5 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I don't think it's being disrespectful to think Hampton will win.  Everyone could pick coalfield over us by 3tds and it wouldn't bother me.  What we say and what happens on the field are 2 very different things.  

I don’t disagree with you. Don’t much matter what us “experts” predict. It’ll play out the way it will regardless.