TC at Hampton

tcjacket13

4 minutes ago, jacketpharmer said:

I definitely think that is Hampton strategy. I will say there is nothing more frustrating than a team hitting you for 3-5 yards every play. Death by 1000 paper cuts is brutal

Well, we can't out run em Lol. But I'm not the coach. He may think he can! Just hope we can play with em

9 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Well, we can't out run em Lol. But I'm not the coach. He may think he can! Just hope we can play with em

OT. Have you seen this. The video of the guy over the league lol. He is mad because he got beat down.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/texas-youth-football-team-kicked-out-of-playoffs-for-being-too-good/

Edited by Appvol

8 minutes ago, Appvol said:

OT. Have you seen this. The video of the guy over the league lol. He is mad because he got beat down.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/texas-youth-football-team-kicked-out-of-playoffs-for-being-too-good/

WOW! I think TC is too good to play at this level and should have to forfeit Friday :roflolk:

I do wonder, is there a "select league" in Texas for teams with recruited players that this bunch should be playing in instead of a league they dominate like this? Believe it or not, I did run into something very similar in youth club a long time ago. Hand selected players from a local county. Team was DECKED OUT with the best of everything. But, we didn't try to kick them out. We just waited for a rebuilding year for them and stomped em LOL! Cland may have given them the worst whipp'n of us all. Best I remember, they got mad, took their ball and went home for good. Heck, Elizabethton and Johnson City always has "one" of those select teams that destroy everyone. Is what it is

45 minutes ago, jacketpharmer said:

I tend to agree. May see something I don’t see but the lateral quickness for TC as a unit is pretty good. Really like the QB for Hampton. Runs hard and can create plays 

The east west speed of TC is concerning. Hoping our QB isn't needed too much on O cause he'll need all the energy he can muster up on D side of the ball to help bring down that stable of runners TC has 

10 hours ago, jacketpharmer said:

I definitely think that is Hampton strategy. I will say there is nothing more frustrating than a team hitting you for 3-5 yards every play. Death by 1000 paper cuts is brutal

They did that to us in roan mountain.  I was surprised because by weight lifting numbers, we were the stronger team. But when your 300 + and keep your shoulders low, the pile is gonna move forward.  Both of Hampton's fullbacks would be guards at cland.  The rockwood film let's you see what a distant camera doesn't.  Just how violent the pulling guards and fullback are when they are moving the chains

55 minutes ago, THE KING said:

They did that to us in roan mountain.  I was surprised because by weight lifting numbers, we were the stronger team. But when your 300 + and keep your shoulders low, the pile is gonna move forward.  Both of Hampton's fullbacks would be guards at cland.  The rockwood film let's you see what a distant camera doesn't.  Just how violent the pulling guards and fullback are when they are moving the chains

No secret as to what the Hampton offense is at this point. Not sexy or flashy…. Lineup and run at you. I get what you are saying about them leaning on you all game and using the guards and hbacks to create holes. It’s power football. I do however think there are ways to offset the big nasties that you cannot move out of the way. I think that’s the approach you have to use if you are TC this Friday. If you can’t go through them, go around, over, or under them…

26 minutes ago, jacketpharmer said:

No secret as to what the Hampton offense is at this point. Not sexy or flashy…. Lineup and run at you. I get what you are saying about them leaning on you all game and using the guards and hbacks to create holes. It’s power football. I do however think there are ways to offset the big nasties that you cannot move out of the way. I think that’s the approach you have to use if you are TC this Friday. If you can’t go through them, go around, over, or under them…

Absolutely.  I was a small linemen and I know big guys don't like when a little fella lines up in the gap. I got vhs tapes to prove that :lol:

1 hour ago, JohnDutton said:

This is week 15.  If you haven't figured it out by now, it may not happen.  

We a lil slow up here in these parts...Takes us longer to figure things out. Not a lot of TC caliber teams running east west 'round here to have practiced on neither. But we'll give it a whirl Friday  

• Like 1