TC at Hampton

tcjacket13

4 hours ago, harley04 said:

Sounds like the Dogs are few td;s underdogs. Offense is not fancy except for a double rev. pass.:blink: they are big and in shape. Fundamental blocking, swarm to ball, play in control , never seen TC there reputation preceeds them. but I think there in for a game. :popcorneater:

If we're ready,  it could be a game. TC looks great on both sides of the ball tho...Think the double, reverse pass is behind us, never to be seen again Lol

Edited by uknoit2

2 hours ago, TCnation said:

Can't agree with the first part of your statement lol, but couldn't agree more with the second part. I'm just a pure fan of high school ball in general, but especially small town football(probably biased though). To me, high school ball is the purest form of the sport. 

Small town ball is special....I don't think some realize what it takes to have that many players playing all facets of the game..every play. The mental focus, conditioning and toughness required is something special for sure. There's just something EXTRA special about it

1 hour ago, RTD said:

I give it to Hampton. You'll we're by far the better team in the game last Friday. I love the double fullbacks. Hampton reminds me of Smith Co with size and power run game. 

Give it to the coaching.

1. Great at adjusting to the size and talent on deck and still being competitive. 

2. Getting a few ole country boys ready to play 48 minutes of football without much press, praise or fanfare; Facilities aren't much and uniforms, well, let's say they may make it thru the rest of this season Lol. A lot of these boys have played together since elementary and they play for each other and the community. Can't ask anymore than that. And yes, programs like these are extra special :thumb:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TCnation said:

Can't agree with the first part of your statement lol

Many wouldn't :roflolk:

Nation, in '16 one of my sons went down in 1st qtr, on D, with a femur fracture vs Marion Co in the semis. Still played QB in first half but had no east west movement. Threw for like 165 yds but was getting killed at release and was removed from the game. He was to be the starting QB and starting FS for the east team that year but that now wasn't possible. The Elizabethton coach was east HC that year. He called, when he heard about the injury, to say he still wanted him on the team and he wouldn't be replaced. He went down on crutches and coach included him everything. Had a respect for him ever since. Oneida Coach Lambert was D coach for the east that year...already had great respect for him.

Edited by uknoit2

24 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Many wouldn't :roflolk:

Nation, in '16 one of my sons went down in 1st qtr, on D, with a femur fracture vs Marion Co in the semis. Still played QB in first half but had no east west movement. Threw for like 165 yds but was getting killed at release and was removed from the game. He was to be the starting QB and starting FS for the east team that year but that now wasn't possible. The Elizabethton coach was east HC that year. He called, when he heard about the injury, to say he still wanted him on the team and he wouldn't be replaced. He went down on crutches and coach included him everything. Had a respect for him ever since. Oneida Coach Lambert was D coach for the east that year...already had great respect for him.

That's good stuff my friend and what it's all about. 

Coach Lambert...what can you say. Always respected him cause in my book he always did things the right way

7 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Won't have to be too quick. 11 in the box don't need great speed Lol

I watched some of the Oneida game and I think TC speed upfront could give Hampton some issues upfront. Most guys would tell you the hardest man to block is the quick shifty one. TC needs to get some penetration to slow down that running attack. I’m sure Hampton is like TC in the fact that we don’t particularly like to be in 3rd and 7+

1 minute ago, jacketpharmer said:

I watched some of the Oneida game and I think TC speed upfront could give Hampton some issues upfront. Most guys would tell you the hardest man to block is the quick shifty one. TC needs to get some penetration to slow down that running attack. I’m sure Hampton is like TC in the fact that we don’t particularly like to be in 3rd and 7+

All true...we just gotta line up and hope for the best. I doubt we can wear down the TC line, but we'll lay on em and sure try. 3 yards a play will be fine with us Lol 

8 minutes ago, TCnation said:

That's good stuff my friend and what it's all about. 

Coach Lambert...what can you say. Always respected him cause in my book he always did things the right way

Yes he did. He could be in a huddle after a game, win or lose, and would walk out to shake hands and speak. His teams didn't just hear, but saw what class and character was. Hated to write a book earlier, but always try and give credit where it's due. 

20 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

All true...we just gotta line up and hope for the best. I doubt we can wear down the TC line, but we'll lay on em and sure try. 3 yards a play will be fine with us Lol 

I definitely think that is Hampton strategy. I will say there is nothing more frustrating than a team hitting you for 3-5 yards every play. Death by 1000 paper cuts is brutal