Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

4 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I haven't seen Simpson play, all I know is what's on the T. So he likes to sling it. My question is,  how is your secondary? An INT now & then could be a big difference. Pressure up front. Don't let him get comfortable back there.

Never seen a QB on any level that was invincible.

He's a great talent but he's human and we all know humans make mistakes. 

7 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I haven't seen Simpson play, all I know is what's on the T. So he likes to sling it. My question is,  how is your secondary? An INT now & then could be a big difference. Pressure up front. Don't let him get comfortable back there.

Never seen a QB on any level that was invincible.

B I N G O 

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

I don't think our guys are going down to be in awe of him

Our kids not only on this team but kids from over the years are living a dream, they don't care who we line up against, they will play with heart and desire, if its not good enough, so be it. We've had a GREAT run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

Looking on the radar, don't think we have anyone in the top million. I don't really get caught up in all these high profile players, they are just humans with whatever God given talents. Don't make them anymore special than anyone else. Whats really special is seeing less talented people doing more with less.

We don’t have any real high profile players around here usually. There is nothing better than the overlooked player making it and doing well in college. As far as being a high profile player there god given talent does make them more special than other football players. That would be like saying Trover Lawrence in high school is just like any other QB in high school.

Just now, Appvol said:

We don’t have any real high profile players around here usually. There is nothing better than the overlooked player making it and doing well in college. As far as being a high profile player there god given talent does make them more special than other football players. That would be like saying Trover Lawrence in high school is just like any other QB in high school.

Not saying they aren't talented, just That I don't get caught up in it, don't even care for college and pro sports, people idolize these people, the real hero's do Great things besides throw footballs. When I was young and ignorant, I did the same thing. I just like the life lessons kids get from this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, pujo said:

Not saying they aren't talented, just That I don't get caught up in it, don't even care for college and pro sports, people idolize these people, the real hero's do Great things besides throw footballs. When I was young and ignorant, I did the same thing. I just like the life lessons kids get from this.

I’m with you on pro but not college. What makes college fun is the fans and there passion. Fans don’t idolize the players they love the school they pull for in college. A bad year as a team can be just as rewarding for life lessons as a state championship finals.

Edited by Appvol

19 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I don't think our guys are going down to be in awe of him

Being honest, were just as well off with our QB .I'd say he would really help us on defense. Its not like we are blessed with 4 or 5 really talented receivers. Now in the big scheme of things, kid is a talent with his size and arm, for my part ,I hope he lives out his dream and plays in the NFL.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Being honest, were just as well off with our QB .I'd say he would really help us on defense. Its not like we are blessed with 4 or 5 really talented receivers. Now in the big scheme of things, kid is a talent with his size and arm, for my part ,I hope he lives out his dream and plays in the NFL.

I'd break my kids legs before allowing them to play any pro sport. :roflolk: Pro ball is biggest liberal, complaining, self righteous, entitled group in the world today. And if we needed 3 yds for a first and he had to take on 900 lb to get it, I'd take our QB too!

5 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I’m with you on pro but not college. What makes college fun is the fans and there passion. Fans don’t idolize the players they love the school they pull for in college. A bad year as a team can be just as rewarding for life lessons as a state championship finals.

Its gotten way out of hand, half these kids can't spell their names and yet they play every week, we need people getting educated and being a productive part of society. The world would be much better off. As far as the fan base, these people are total nuts.

6 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I'd break my kids legs before allowing them to play any pro sport. :roflolk: Pro ball is biggest liberal, complaining, self righteous, entitled group in the world today. And if we needed 3 yds for a first and he had to take on 900 lb to get it, I'd take our QB too!

We don't win with talent, its a very few games we play when we have superior talent, we win with heart ,pride ,determination and hard working players and coaches. Thats quite the accomplishment.