How good are West Tn Teams?

BallIsLife1

6 hours ago, westtn12 said:

Westview lost in their first game in the tournament out west. 

Jada got hurt with 4 minutes left in the game and didn’t come back. They struggled against the pressure once she went down. They would’ve won had she not gotten hurt in my opinion. McCall Sims was big for Westview today, leading scorer.

26 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Jada got hurt with 4 minutes left in the game and didn’t come back. They struggled against the pressure once she went down. They would’ve won had she not gotten hurt in my opinion. McCall Sims was big for Westview today, leading scorer.

32-30 is what Coach T says score was. Prayers for  quick healing for Jada. Great player. 

16 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I’m sure Westview is playing stiff competition out at the Nike tournament. Don’t figure teams that aren’t competitive would travel like that.   But still wonder why they don’t schedule tougher around here.   It’s better for everyone when the best plays the bests.   One thing you can say for Wilkins.   He schedules as tough as anyone out of district.  

Wilkins plays the toughest schedule year round he can. We lose some games in the summer every year but it makes them better. I am glad he schedules the best competition around. We still play some easy one’s as well, but the schedule is a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Rebelman51 said:

Ugly game tonight in Paris. We pulled out the win but neither team played good.  Henry County is scrappy and We couldn't put them away..  final 63-54. It was kinda like a circus under the big top.  We will have to play better next game.  A win is a win though!

Henry County is a good team. A W is a W. Good win.

4 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

What’s everyone’s top 5 from all classes in West TN so far?   

1) Gibson Co 

2) Westview 

3) South Side 

4) McKenzie 

5) TCA.  

Good list. South Gibson and TCA are real close. I think any of the first four can beat any on a given night. Henry County, Greenfield and Gleason are good as well. I think Greenfield is going to be a different team late in the year if all get healthy.

20 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Haven’t seen them but have heard good things!   I don’t see them above any of the teams listed though.   They will get their chance against McKenzie 

They got two really good guards. Gleason and Greenfield will be fun. Whoever wins the region will be in the Boro. The runner up in the region will have to go to Memphis and face a tough MAHS team.

Edited by pioneer42