Class A top teams so far

thetruth1

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Scoreboard says they beat Pickett County and Clay beat Gordonsville.

Yep and yep. Gordonsville was outmatched. Pickett was out worked. RBS got every loose ball and every rebound Pickett’s freshman didn’t get (she gets a lot). Defensively they didn’t get the pressure coach Smith usually gets. Pickett has been off a week plus and it showed. No disrespect to RBS. They won outright and deserved it. They were the better team tonight. Pickett is young. Hopefully it’ll be another lesson learned for them moving on to regions. 

Ok we learn something tonight. Will Greenfield and Gleason be in the same bracket in Region?? Will Clay County and Pickett County be in same bracket at Region??

Greenfield vs Dresden Championship 

Gleason vs Bradford Consolation

Clay County vs RBS Championship 

Pickett County vs Gordonsville Consolation 

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

On any given night any of these 8 teams could beat each other, not much difference. The team thats peaks the next few games can go a long way. This year it’s wide open.  

Mckenzie has to be the favorite to win Gold Ball but they can be beat on the big stage. 

McKenzie may not even get there. Don’t discount Houston Co./Wayne Co./Huntland/Moore Co. I realize Gleason beat Huntland at Christmas but crazy things happen at Christmas tourneys. This time of year you better bring your A game every night, no matter who you are. What does Mahs look like? 

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

On any given night any of these 8 teams could beat each other, not much difference. The team thats peaks the next few games can go a long way. This year it’s wide open.  

Mckenzie has to be the favorite to win Gold Ball but they can be beat on the big stage. 

Good win tonight. Was going to come say Hi to ya but you was on the floor. Greenfield playing well. Greenfield and Gleason in the same bracket is suprising. 

33 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Good win tonight. Was going to come say Hi to ya but you was on the floor. Greenfield playing well. Greenfield and Gleason in the same bracket is suprising. 

Congrats to Greenfield on their district championship. I believe they will be representing after regionals & substate and going to the Boro. Darby has good help and they’re playing hard. Seem to be clicking at the right time. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

4 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Congrats to Greenfield on their district championship. I believe they will be representing after regionals & substate and going to the Boro. Darby has good help and they’re playing hard. Seem to be clicking at the right time. 

Hard to believe only Greenfield or Gleason will be at state. Greenfield playing better ball right now but Gleason has some good victories. Wouldn’t be surprised if all four in 13 A win first round of Region.

• Like 1