Class A top teams so far

thetruth1

32 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

WV is pulling for our county teammates in Gleason & Dresden. No disrespect Mckenzie. I believe if Mckenzie can shoot well in the open gym setting and rebound, they’re the favored going in. They’re going to try to speed it up and run you out of the gym. Don’t know much about North Green, but I believe they have a good post. Clay County is streaky and sometimes that’s an unknown. Gleason & Dresden are physical and hard nosed. Anderson from Gleason can take it to the rim with the best of them. 1A will be very exciting to watch. 

North Greene,  arguably the best defensive team in the tournament. 

On 3/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, pioneer42 said:

Bottom bracket looks like the tougher side in Single A. We played North Green at state last year and they beat us at the buzzer. We played them again this summer in Murfreesboro without the big post Anderson. They got her back now. They got enough pieces to be dangerous. This will be their 3rd straight trip if they make it. Clay County was good last year and have done well this year. 

We've played north greene 4 times this year.  We let them get out of our place in overtime.  Then we led the entire game in the district final then our post fouled out and anderson had her way.  Looking at wayne county's scores,  they look to be a tough draw for us.  Would like some honest opinions to whether we have a chance against them.  

33 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We've played north greene 4 times this year.  We let them get out of our place in overtime.  Then we led the entire game in the district final then our post fouled out and anderson had her way.  Looking at wayne county's scores,  they look to be a tough draw for us.  Would like some honest opinions to whether we have a chance against them.  

Wayne County is solid defensively but not flashy on offense. They seem to be very fundamental. Reminds me a little of North Green’s 1-4 positions. Just a good team. Ought to be a good game. Cloudland can play with them. 

12 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Hard to predict Wayne Co will do in Boro since haven’t been there in a while / glasshouse does strange things to teams like that not just Wayne Co 

Yeah you are the man he needs to talk to. Y’all played them twice. We played them in our play day jamboree. 

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

You know last time Cloudland been there don’t recall them being there often n

We were there last year.  Before that it was 2012 and 13.  And 03 and 04 if I'm not mistaken.  Someone said this was coach Birchfield's seventh time but I remember only 6.  

56 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We were there last year.  Before that it was 2012 and 13.  And 03 and 04 if I'm not mistaken.  Someone said this was coach Birchfield's seventh time but I remember only 6.  

I would have thought more. I have been a fan of girls bball since...well a long time lol, and seems as if Cloudland's Ladies are there almost every year. How can you not be a closet Highlanders fan with those team colors and that name?

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah you are the man he needs to talk to. Y’all played them twice. We played them in our play day jamboree. 

They aren’t big or fast or shoot great but you look up at the scoreboard and they’re right behind you ( in Summertown case ) and it’s a struggle to keep them there - their coach has done a phenomenal job elevating that program back to where it use to be several years ago when it won state championships so don’t get complacent and think you got it won if get a lead - on the other hand they’re not the Greenfield or Loretto of years past so y’all got even chance to win 

18 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

They aren’t big or fast or shoot great but you look up at the scoreboard and they’re right behind you ( in Summertown case ) and it’s a struggle to keep them there - their coach has done a phenomenal job elevating that program back to where it use to be several years ago when it won state championships so don’t get complacent and think you got it won if get a lead - on the other hand they’re not the Greenfield or Loretto of years past so y’all got even chance to win 

Great assessment! They grind it out on you. Have a good PG and a couple of good post players. Play hard nose defense and are well coached.