Rankin leaving Alcoa

Jeremiah

On 2/2/2022 at 8:41 AM, BCsportsfan said:

I have my finger on the Pulse of the Alcoa Football Program. Whether Coach Rankin Retires and moves away from the Program or not, The Program will continue with the same Success.

CHAMPIONS! :thumb:

Alcoa wins seventh straight 3A state championship over East Nashville,  45-14 | wbir.com

You have your finger somewhere  that’s for sure. CGR has been telling folks this was his last year as early as last summer. He’s ready for a new challenge that’s different from what he’s been accustomed to per his own words. He has no hobbies other than riding his bike in Townsend so he claims he will always coach and his wife agrees. He and his wife are class acts and I wish them all the best on their new adventure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

You have your finger somewhere  that’s for sure. CGR has been telling folks this was his last year as early as last summer. He’s ready for a new challenge that’s different from what he’s been accustomed to per his own words. He has no hobbies other than riding his bike in Townsend so he claims he will always coach and his wife agrees. He and his wife are class acts and I wish them all the best on their new adventure. 

I knew well before that. Keep thinking you were the only one in the know. Some of us just waited til it was official.

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Like 1

Rankin definitely deserves all of the praise he's been given. However, after watching the documentary, and hearing from people in the area, it's clear Nix has done a ton for that program. Along with running the defense, he has also been the strength coach, and it looks like he handled all or most of the special teams as well. It seems the best decision Rankin ever made was retaining Nix when he took over in 2006. There will be NO drop off. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

He has no hobbies other than riding his bike in Townsend so he claims he will always coach and his wife agrees. He and his wife are class acts and I wish them all the best on their new adventure. 

If he keeps riding his bike to Townsend, he will be in great shape when he moves to Chattanooga. 

On 2/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, BCsportsfan said:

I knew well before that. Keep thinking you were the only one in the know. Some of us just waited til it was official.

BTW the word “folks” means multiple people so your comment either means your comprehension is lacking , you’re overly sensitive, or both. If he told me (last summer over lunch) and I have no connection to Alcoa, he was telling many others. You being hypersensitive to me mentioning what was said is, well, a little weird. The fact our 5’2” goofball Booger chimed in is proof positive you’re on the wrong side of this exchange. You be you though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

BTW the word “folks” means multiple people so your comment either means your comprehension is lacking , you’re overly sensitive, or both. If he told me (last summer over lunch) and I have no connection to Alcoa, he was telling many others. You being hypersensitive to me mentioning what was said is, well, a little weird. The fact our 5’2” goofball Booger chimed in is proof positive you’re on the wrong side of this exchange. You be you though. 

I bet you do Rankin's laundry also! :lol:

Doing Laundry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1