State Championships

deesnutz

23 minutes ago, dhaskellwsms said:

Love everyone sleeping on Fulton who is almost an annual participant at State.

I don't think anyone is sleeping on Fulton and think they will be in the Glass house along with Greeneville, Clinton, and probably Stone Memorial for the East Quad.  Has Fulton approved enough to compete with and beat the likes of Greeneville or South Side? (The two teams people have picked to win it all) That is going to be the biggest question since Greeneville beat them by 25 in the sectionals last year and 13 the year before

Edited by Swipes

20 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I don't think anyone is sleeping on Fulton and think they will be in the Glass house along with Greeneville, Clinton, and probably Stone Memorial for the East Quad.  Has Fulton approved enough to compete with and beat the likes of Greeneville or South Side? (The two teams people have picked to win it all) That is going to be the biggest question since Greeneville beat them by 25 in the sectionals last year and 13 the year before

I agree with @Swipes, there are 2 favorites as the people's choice in AAA. But in our area, there is a team that has taken us to the limit 3 times already this year. North Side (Jackson) is an AP top 10 ranked team and we aren't overlooking them at all. We play them for the Region 6 - AAA title tomorrow, Thursday March 3, 2022, night and it will be a sold out war!

(I was chastised by @HawkGuy06 and told to act with class on Coach T. just before the game where he was screaming relentlessly at the refs and calling them trash! ) :mrgreen:

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

On 3/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, HawkGuy06 said:

1A) I have MAHS and depending on brackets I have Middleton. But Clay County & Trenton right there. 

2A) East Nashville & I predict Bolivar to make a run 

3A) South Side & Greenville would be a great match up! Revenge season baby! 

4A) I have Cane Ridge(Remember the name… Bradon Miller) Bartlett could possibly challenge wit the sharpe shooting by Amarr Knox

I may have overlooked MAHS's chances, but still think Middleton by 10 or more...in 2A East Nashville looks tough, but I think Bolivar takes one on the chin from Douglas. They still can get to the 'ship, but I don't think they have enough to seriously challenge for a gold ball. 3A looks like a two horse race...I'd love to see the Hawks bring another one home, but put a gun to my head and I say Greene Devils. 4A is out of my focus mostly, and I admittedly don't know enough to predict. One name not mentioned that stands out to me is Beech, but what do I know? Good luck to SouthSide...I have respect for Coach Fuller and the way he runs the program.

On 3/2/2022 at 3:54 PM, tradertwo said:

I may have overlooked MAHS's chances, but still think Middleton by 10 or more...in 2A East Nashville looks tough, but I think Bolivar takes one on the chin from Douglas. They still can get to the 'ship, but I don't think they have enough to seriously challenge for a gold ball. 3A looks like a two horse race...I'd love to see the Hawks bring another one home, but put a gun to my head and I say Greene Devils. 4A is out of my focus mostly, and I admittedly don't know enough to predict. One name not mentioned that stands out to me is Beech, but what do I know? Good luck to SouthSide...I have respect for Coach Fuller and the way he runs the program.

Yea man Douglas is a threat  as well! Middleton is good when making their shots. I only question what happens when the shots not falling in Murfreesboro? I think they gets upset for some reason. I hope In 3A we can get our lick back! I still have nightmares from last year! To be honest if we lose to a better team I can accept that, but Greenville wasn’t better than us imo! I know “if” if was a 5th we’d all be drunk but if we play the 2nd half like we did the 1st half… we win by 15-20. Big game Thursday for us playing a top 10 North Side team for the 4th time. I think we win but it will be close! Portland or MLK comes to a hostile Jackson South Side on Monday! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Oh yea MAHS beat them earlier, so I will stick with them. 

10 hours ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

I agree with @Swipes, there are 2 favorites as the people's choice in AAA. But in our area, there is a team that has taken us to the limit 3 times already this year. North Side (Jackson) is an AP top 10 ranked team and we aren't overlooking them at all. We play them for the Region 6 - AAA title tomorrow, Thursday March 3, 2022, night and it will be a sold out war!

(I was chastised by @HawkGuy06 and told to act with class on Coach T. just before the game where he was screaming relentlessly at the refs and calling them trash! ) :mrgreen:

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

They deserve it lol

On 2/28/2022 at 1:57 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

No idea for 1 and 2.

3 A. Clinton. Plays well together, Sharpshooters but a tad streaky. Community love their Dragons! The Dragon Wagon needs to win t this year or they may not win it all in a long time.

4 A. Oak Ridge. Six seniors. Quality outside shooters. Small inside. Outstanding Coaching. 

Just want to drop in and say I was wrong about my Wildcats of Oak Ridge. Their lack of a big man and one night of cold shooting doomed them. Still, they had a great season and I am proud of them.

Best of luck to all the teams that are still playing. We will see ya next year.

RWR!

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

MAHS and Middleton haven't played...I think you have them confused with a private school on the outskirts of Memphis.

Yea you are correct, I am thinking about MHEA they are independent. I thought they was 2A but MAHS & MASE will give Trenton & Middleton a run for their money on the road or at home 

Just read an article from the Jackson Sun that states that Jason Hunt of Trenton Peabody is no longer with team. How will that affect Trenton's chances of advancing in the tournament?

https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/03/02/peabody-leading-scorer-jason-hunt-out-for-season/6911531001/

Edited by deesnutz