Farragut William Blount fight

KnoxBball1969

I think they should finish out the final 1:38 tonight minus any players that would have been ejected for the incident.  You can't say Farragut would have absolutely still won the game had it played out.  Likely, yes.  Absolutely, no.  I saw a game this season where a team trailed by 12 with a minute left and won in regulation by 1.  Not sure how this ends up.  As a D-B fan, I hope we beat the Hill tomorrow and get a game on Monday.  I don't want to advance to the Boro without earning it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't think the TSSAA will do anything. Farragut moves on. The ref's should of restored order and finished the game. Wasn't a fight, just a bunch of guys bouncing around yelling. Call a technical foul on both teams. 

I agree is was not much of a fight.  However, the rule says that players who leave the bench are ejected and suspended 2 games.  Game was never completed, so not sure how anyone can move on.  Will be interesting how TSSAA rules here

10 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

I think they should finish out the final 1:38 tonight minus any players that would have been ejected for the incident.  You can't say Farragut would have absolutely still won the game had it played out.  Likely, yes.  Absolutely, no.  I saw a game this season where a team trailed by 12 with a minute left and won in regulation by 1.  Not sure how this ends up.  As a D-B fan, I hope we beat the Hill tomorrow and get a game on Monday.  I don't want to advance to the Boro without earning it.

Not to mention Farragut already had 2 starters foul out

• Like 1

I kind of agree with the last couple comments. I have seen worse/bigger fights, but why have the rules if we aren’t going to enforce them. Farragut can’t be assumed the winner when the game was still in doubt. If they called the game because of technicals and people leaving the bench then there should be suspensions. 

11 hours ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

I will be interested to see or hear if both teams left the benches. My understanding from people there that both had several players leave the bench plus several involved in the pushing/shoving. I am surprised the decision was to end a teams season with 1:30 left in a 3-4 possession game?! Makes one wonder if it wasn’t at Farragut if they call the game. Who makes that final decision? AD? Video shows Farraguts Principal involved.. 

I'm yet to see video of Farragut players leaving the bench. Is there video out there?

14 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I'm yet to see video of Farragut players leaving the bench. Is there video out there?

I don't think you will see one unless someone recorded it on their cell phone. 

Best way to solve this is suspend the players involved in the scuffle.  Any player that left the bench is out as well.

Hate to see Farragut's special season end in this fashion.  Can you imagine how electric the atmosphere will be Thursday night at Farragut.  Two arch rivals playing for the Regional championship.   Neither team wants to travel to SH or DB to play the sectional game, even though both those teams are just as good on the road. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, eyeinthesky said:

It was the officials that made this call.  I was sitting directly behind the scorers table and heard every word of the decision 

Since you were so close, did you see how many or which players from Farragut left the bench?  The WB AD has claimed that 7 WB players should not have been ejected and 5 from Farragut.  I assume these would have been players on the floor that were not involved in the incident and those that remained on the bench.  

12 hours ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Hard to say. Many people are claiming #12 for Farragut was throwing elbows and connected which led to William Blount player throwing #12 to the ground. Both actions are clearly non basketball plays in modern hoops. We see weekly that accidental contact to the head or neck area is a flagrant every time. Let alone slinging your elbows towards two players heads. This isn’t the 1980s. Assault is not allowed in basketball anymore

I saw a tweet from the WB student section of a previous game where the player in question initiated contact and then feinted getting tossed. The physics of this fall (WB/FHS) don't look right to me.

Number 12 for Farragut had his fists balled up and the Official is right in front of him. He just threw his elbows then 20 for WB grabbed him and threw him down. And then both benches cleared. Maybe the players who were on the court legally should be allowed to play but everyone else should be tossed. And the officials said everybody was ejected and called the game.  Because the whole gym was out of control! 

I was there I saw it. Watch the replay on page two of this thread.

Weakest "fight" in h.s. basketball. The fact that the game was ended is a shame. Refs clearly lost control and had no idea what was happening. 

Not sure how you can toss 10 players for "leaving the bench" when they were already on the floor to begin with.

Watching through the 4th quarter only you could tell it was a bit chippy already and there had already been a tech given to Farragut for retaliating to a no call.

Seemed pretty obvious no bench players for Farragut got involved in the scuffle. The players left the bench during a dead ball and then didn't do anything.

9 minutes ago, bounder said:

Number 12 for Farragut had his fists balled up and the Official is right in front of him. He just threw his elbows then 20 for WB grabbed him and threw him down. And then both benches cleared. Maybe the players who were on the court legally should be allowed to play but everyone else should be tossed. And the officials said everybody was ejected and called the game.  Because the whole gym was out of control! 

I was there I saw it. Watch the replay on page two of this thread.

If everyone was ejected then they are all suspended two games from my understanding.