2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

33 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Community is not very good, but not because of the lack of players. Poor coaching continues to be the theme there. I will say that LC is getting better each week. The Sophomore QB has thrown for nearly 700 yds while completing 60% of his passes. LC is still a average team at this point who’s 3 wins are against poor teams.

I agree with you on Community. Heck they only have like 4 coaches on staff? And the man in charge is a drunk without any business being there. When his son graduates he needs to get the boot

2 hours ago, Rocketboy21 said:

They are. Very down and not a good team. They almost lost to Community. The region is terrible besides riverside. They probably get the region championship plaque and through shipped to them week 1 every year. 

It was a rhetorical question. Other 2A posters will understand.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

We both know what's coming ddaddy. Rang is too good and LC has a pipeline that says the Panthers will be someone to deal with soon enough. The timeline depends on a lot of details, but I'd bet that it won't be long.

There should not be a drop off now and, it does not look like it is again this year. Same ole’ Hohenwald; play two quality games a year and lose at least one then go 0-1 or 1-1 in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ddaddy said:

If this current trend that we are on continues I agree 100%. This Freshman/Soph class is the best that we have seen since 1995. And they dominated those that they played in this region in Jr High, but we don’t need any disruption. 

Always next year, ain’t it ddaddy?

44 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

There should not be a drop off now and, it does not look like it is again this year. Same ole’ Hohenwald; play two quality games a year and lose at least one then go 0-1 or 1-1 in the playoffs.

There'll always be a drop off when changing head coaches, especially switching from one style of offense to one completely different. Reply with whatever you like, just understand that I know your agenda, and won't participate.

Cascade vs Huntland recap:

Four days and seven minutes ago, our offensive coordinator brought forth a new playbook, conceived in misdirection and deception — for, as it is written in the good book, why run through a wall when you can simply use a ladder or a door handle to best the wall? 
   Gone were the days of run up the middle, run up the middle, run the ball up the middle.  
   Our athletic quarterback finally got the RPO going, finally our big tall receivers got their # called.  Finally speedy #12 was utilized-even faked a run & threw a 64yd TD pass…With this bold-yet common sense, play-calling, hope has been restored to Middle Wartrace.  One Champion father remarked that the team would be 3-1 and possibly even undefeated had the coaching figured it out sooner. Better late than never!-as for this Homer, I’m confident that Richland will bend the knee next Friday & Community in a fortnight. 

3 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Cascade vs Huntland recap:

Four days and seven minutes ago, our offensive coordinator brought forth a new playbook, conceived in misdirection and deception — for, as it is written in the good book, why run through a wall when you can simply use a ladder or a door handle to best the wall? 
   Gone were the days of run up the middle, run up the middle, run the ball up the middle.  

Any way to have a new playbook shipped to 37034? I'll pick up the S&H.