NIL Millionaires walking the halls of high schools..

BarneySox2007

18 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

And I don't believe Tennessee, the state will allow high school kids to take NIL money. If I'm not mistaken (I might be) only 2 states allow it. And Nico's 8 million will likely pale in comparison to whatever crazy number Arch Manning gets

Don't think money will be the deciding factor for Arch. Tha Manning family has money already.  His decision will most likely be based on the school that he, Cooper, and Archie believe can prepare him for an NFL career. That will be a long term decision,  not short term, IMO.  

4 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

The simple answer to your question..

The reason the  Vols can't fill up neyland consistently is because they haven't been consistent winners. That's the only reason don't kid yourself about the rest.

Of course that's apart of it but a lot has changed to run a lot of people off. I took time to ask one of my vendors I buy building products from why they didn't give out tickets last year as in years before. They told me the whole idea that it was for their loyal customers and what was happening they weren't showing up and giving the tickets to someone else and for some of the games against weaker teams nobody was coming so they just scrapped the idea after 2020.They were even providing free food for a tailgate party every game. The guy I ask said it's bad when you have to hit a man over the head with a bat to get him to come by to eat a free steak have a couple of beers and give him a free ticket to a football game

5 hours ago, HTV said:

Don't think money will be the deciding factor for Arch. Tha Manning family has money already.  His decision will most likely be based on the school that he, Cooper, and Archie believe can prepare him for an NFL career. That will be a long term decision,  not short term, IMO.  

I agree completely, but Arch is the exception not the rule. Not many kids have the background and support from people who only have their long term best interests in mind, and none will have it from family who know the business like the Mannings.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I agree completely, but Arch is the exception not the rule. Not many kids have the background and support from people who only have their long term best interests in mind, and none will have it from family who know the business like the Mannings.

Absolutely. Same reason Peyton was able to stay his senior year at Tennessee.  Money wasn't the most important consideration. 

And I have no issues with NIL, other than that the laws need to to standardized across the board and not individually state by state. Right now it's the wild, wild west. 

Edited by HTV

13 hours ago, strongx said:

I’m hearing some rumors that Stars and RW87 are about to launch their own Spyre group up at 825. Instead of cash,  maybe start with free access to megaphones and touchdown cookies.

sx eye caint tawlk abowt sparr onlee purrspar.....Christmas Day pick up haz ben a staypull butt eye am envastigatin othurr ways two maik tha littull fellurs a littull goodurer....A donkee footbawl gaim orr maybee a cow drop come two mind (evun if'un thay were struck down bye tha preeveeus athlecktick durreckturr)......:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

18,19,20 year old college boys with a million dollars in their pockets. What could possibly go wrong.

Happens to high school kids taken in the baseball draft every year. 

The ones who make it have good advisors and parents behind them.  The ones who don't generally blow golden opportunities to get ahead in life.  

But either way its reality in this day and time. 

NIL is here to stay.  

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

18,19,20 year old college boys with a million dollars in their pockets. What could possibly go wrong.

Probably some similar things as when 35 yr olds get that much money, or 55 yr olds for that matter.

I’d like to give it a try! lol 

• Upvote 1