Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

12 hours ago, Doc931 said:

The Cornersville pick to going to Chatt is wild. They aint touching Fayetteville Mckenzie or Peabody.  To much speed and to many Jimmys and Joes from all three of those teams. City has the best player in 1a with Thomison the Memphis commit him game wrecker and changer. The Coach they got from Hazel Green not cutting the check either ask around they are thrilled his gone.  Fayetteville Mckenzie and Peabody are a toss up for who gets to the ship physical and talented across the board you can ff to the 3rd matchup of City vs Mckenzie again. That was a thriller last year City made one mistake that cost them that game. 

I’m taking Ben Franklin over Thomison kid 10 out of 10 times. The Thomison kid plays to lazy a majority of the time taking plays off. I think he is good when he plays but very inconsistent.

Cornersville had City beat last year as well, should have won by 2 TDs also played Makenzie well in the second round just couldn’t keep the defense off the field so we got the “Jimmy and joes”.

3 hours ago, shockernation said:

Appreciate the kind words bro! Been a weird start for me losing my riding partner for the past 25 years and he was my informant for daily updates at LC. Sure missing Bobby Joe. And my brother who parked in the end zone every game. I’m working up my enthusiasm up though better days ahead my friend! I’m sure we’ll meet up for the Milan game 

Much love, brother

On 7/31/2022 at 9:43 PM, Pirateman28 said:

McKenzie will be good but even if they make it to state they don’t want to see the pirates again for round 3.

This is absurd. We pulled a rabbit out of the hat in 2021. McKenzie, Fayetteville, and Peabody has more athletes than any of us. 

On 7/31/2022 at 10:13 PM, Pirateman28 said:

Silver trophy teams don’t get remembered at Sp.

That is true. 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:05 PM, Pirateman28 said:

How is McKenzie the favorite? The last time I checked the defending champion is the team to beat until proven otherwise.

This is 2022 not 2021. Kelly and those twins are in college. 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, Waker said:

When you have a 1a school send a football team to the championship game, a basketball team to state and a baseball team to state in the same year, they have a special group of athletes. The leading cast is all returning.

Wow that’s impressive. 

On 8/1/2022 at 4:26 PM, oneyewilly said:

Yall don't pay much attention to Pirateman28 he's just here to ruffle feathers. He's not even a Pirate I'm pretty sure he's a puke purple warrior. 

Sp did lose a lot from last season and will have to replace some really good players. It's one game at a time for Sp and hoping we can improve throughout the season. I would say with what Gordonsville has returning they will be the pre season favorites out of the east 

Pirate man 28 is a special kind of person. I believe he is mentally challenged. 

8 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

This is absurd. We pulled a rabbit out of the hat in 2021. McKenzie, Fayetteville, and Peabody has more athletes than any of us. 

That is true. 

This is 2022 not 2021. Kelly and those twins are in college. 

Wow that’s impressive. 

Pirate man 28 is a special kind of person. I believe he is mentally challenged. 

:thumb:

10 hours ago, BossDog said:

I’m taking Ben Franklin over Thomison kid 10 out of 10 times. The Thomison kid plays to lazy a majority of the time taking plays off. I think he is good when he plays but very inconsistent.

Cornersville had City beat last year as well, should have won by 2 TDs also played Makenzie well in the second round just couldn’t keep the defense off the field so we got the “Jimmy and joes”.

Nobody in their right frame of mind is taking the Franklin kid over Thomison 10 out of 10 times lol. Plays lazy yeah you need to go turn on the tape. That kid plays 6 to 7 different positions every night and it’s by far the one kid one field you look at and say he’s just different. Had City beat? Must have been watching two different games. You don’t have the Jimmy’s or the joes if you did you would win those games but y’all don’t have the talent to match those two teams. Last time I checked speed kills and losing the HBC is going to be hard to overcome in games vs those teams.  

18 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You are most definitely selling Lake County short. LC arguably has the best skill guys of the all. The talent gap is not that wide at all. 

Not selling them short but playing. Peabody then either City or McKenzie is a tough task. Idk about having the best skill guys it might be even but head and shoulders clear above those three a stretch. LC will def 4th best in the west they have the best shot to beat those teams out of the rest of 1A 

54 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Not selling them short but playing. Peabody then either City or McKenzie is a tough task. Idk about having the best skill guys it might be even but head and shoulders clear above those three a stretch. LC will def 4th best in the west they have the best shot to beat those teams out of the rest of 1A 

I think Dresden had a good year last year and believe a young team

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

I think Dresden had a good year last year and believe a young team

Dresden had zero Seniors last year. They return everyone.  The issue is they don't have the speed to hang with an athletic team.  If they can ground and pound to keep it close, they may surprise someone. 

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Dresden had zero Seniors last year. They return everyone.  The issue is they don't have the speed to hang with an athletic team.  If they can ground and pound to keep it close, they may surprise someone. 

I totally agree with you. Very hard nosed team but with no speed. You are very correct in your assessment.

9 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Nobody in their right frame of mind is taking the Franklin kid over Thomison 10 out of 10 times lol. Plays lazy yeah you need to go turn on the tape. That kid plays 6 to 7 different positions every night and it’s by far the one kid one field you look at and say he’s just different. Had City beat? Must have been watching two different games. You don’t have the Jimmy’s or the joes if you did you would win those games but y’all don’t have the talent to match those two teams. Last time I checked speed kills and losing the HBC is going to be hard to overcome in games vs those teams.  

Got in the red zone 8 times and didn’t score due to crappy play calling. So I’m not sure what game you was watching. They scored on a 3rd & 30 for game winner. 

Could and should have won both games but horrendous play calling.

He is built different, but you must not watch the tape he takes 3 plays off to every 5 plays.